★ Project 赤い脈動 EP 九一 ★ 14/06/12 - Interior and Exterior Update! ★

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off Road Use Si (trackwork) and it was only a little more than the Stage 1 Organic.

I wanted a mild upgrade from the standard clutch and I didnt want an Exedy Oem Replacement as there would barely be any difference

I hardly drive the EP anymore, I use a Mazda 121 for DD. But of course I will do a lot more once its ready to rock.

It also has a higher torque tolerance rating than the organic, 143 lbs/ft vs 162 lbs/ft so better for the future really.

Plus it is a mild paddle (in paddle terms) being 3 puck as opposed to 4+ puck.

I've had mixed feedback that they are bearable and not as harsh as some people may think.

I have experienced more solid clutches before and Im up for the challenge if there is one.

I could have gone with a reduced thickness (half thickness of a normal disk) disk but I wanted this one to last, also has better heat capacity than half thickness. Im also looking for great response so thats another reason.

This is an extreme na build and yes hopefully it will be a road legal track car, if not I'll sorn it.

You didnt think I'd go to these lengths to drive it round the town did you mate? :p

Hope that answers your Q's bro :) ;)

Joz

Yeah that's okay, we are not 100% sure yet as according to Sam they can be rivetted differently in the factory but I think the physical design would be the same regardless. Waiting to hear back check out the thread when you can.

Also with regards to Aasco that's fine, you would have to pay import (legally) so one from us would avoid this as it's already here will get onto email now.

Thanks,

Toby

I got these from the Exedy Usa site Toby.

exedy.jpg

Dont forget the paseo has a small clutch so it may not have needed the holes in between?

You can see the design variations of the 3 Puck paddles, some of them can have full circle without holes.

I have taken lots of photos especially of the serial numbers, markings and stamps.

Joz

Off Road Use Si (trackwork) and it was only a little more than the Stage 1 Organic.

I wanted a mild upgrade from the standard clutch and I didnt want an Exedy Oem Replacement as there would barely be any difference

I hardly drive the EP anymore, I use a Mazda 121 for DD. But of course I will do a lot more once its ready to rock.

It also has a higher torque tolerance rating than the organic, 143 lbs/ft vs 162 lbs/ft so better for the future really.

Plus it is a mild paddle (in paddle terms) being 3 puck as opposed to 4+ puck.

I've had mixed feedback that they are bearable and not as harsh as some people may think.

Well that looks the same as mine...and i can tell you it aint a mild upgrade..and about the torque holdings its alot more than that...itll be more around 350lbs/ft....burwash has ran around 400hp on his and its still fine...and if you have got uprated engine mounts its a bitch to use..to pull off on my TRD mounts and that clutch smoothly..i need about 3.5k + plus otherwise it judders everywhere...

Also...doesnt look like you have the pressure plate though?

But.. best of luck and have fun ;)

Thanks for that Si and SiCaln ;)

I also have TRD engine mounts. Im up for the harshness as its already harsh enough lol.

This is the 5EFE Paseo Stage 2 Clutch so wont have as high torque ratings as yours dude.

The ratings above are correct.

Dont scare me man lol the pressure plate is blatantly there :p

Joz

ah okay then...that should be fine ;)

errr..about the pressure plate..or whatever its called...

this massive metal disk inside the clutch cover, you dont seem to have it

fj80_to_hzj80_03.jpg

Actually..it looks like youve take the photo from the wrong side..soz lol

Its ok Rob lol ;)

Its certainly there underneath the clutch cover.

I'll post up when I get home, am currently investigating the fake clutch issue as mine has all the real packaging, the pressure plate/cover looks genuine but the clutch plate looks like the autobahn, altho it came in exedy specific packaging with part numbers etc on it. Have some tuning parts distributors from the US helping me out which is nice, they contacted exedy direct for me and showed them my photos (I took more).

Talk soon

Joz

Yeah I'm not entirely sure about that Joz at the moment we are still doing a little hunting to find the true picture but I will let you know any updates we have. If it holds your power then chances are you have nothing to worry about. I'll keep an eye on this thread one of the most intricate and impressive builds I've seen.

Best Regards,

Toby

Thanks for the kind words Toby :)

Hopefully get this rebuild underway as soon as I get the Aasco.

As for the clutch situation I will keep you updated when those guys get back to me.

I'll send you an email shortly regarding some parts.

Talk soon & Regards

Joz