★ Project 赤い脈動 EP 九一 ★ 14/06/12 - Interior and Exterior Update! ★

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the kind comments and support gents.

Glad you are enjoying the progress as much as me.

Im quite relieved she passed mot because last year they were going on about the hard suspension, must have been some old boy lol.

And this is the second year I've passed with no cat.

Im going to track her because I want to enjoy myself in it Si, rather than being stuck on british roads and driving at illegal speeds, why not do it properly with track days and release more potential, really push those mods as they were intended to be. I have nothing to prove and wont be racing against anyone for the time being, just to sit back, enjoy the car and attack some corners.

Ive heard the track day organisers at Kirky are a fun bunch so Im really looking forward to it early next year.

Joz

Thanks Jay :p

Things with the project have already started to become a bit full-on already! :)

Im really happy and excited tho and am gonna stick to my plan.

Hope things are good with you and the recovery, really want to accompany you to Kirky when the track day season starts again.

Phil (cheezeitthedog) introduced me to the TSCCNI and I definately feel like joining, are you a member Jay?

Joz

Cheers Lewis ;)

Today is very sexy indeed :p

I've been waiting for things to get moving, so Im keeping the iron hot :)

You can blame a bit of the avatars-gone-wild on Enzo :p

More updates coming soon.

Joz

I'll hopefully be attending some track days with Track Skills too Jay.

Hopefully we can get some regular sessions in, in 2009.

I'm waging the car will be properly running by then.

Joz

il be with you bro next year, im planning on atleast a few trips over there as its spitting distance and a ferry ride away bro

Nice to see you passed the MOT and better still the exhaust has arrived. :) When are you planning to get it on the car?

Exhaust looks amazing hopefully I can get my hands on one next year.

Are you going to get some heatwrap on the mani?

Hey Ste :)

The exhaust is going on once I have the flange for the 4 branch sorted.

Im not heat wrapping the mani as its already ceramic coated, I may wrap the new collector pipe for it however as it wont be ceramic coated.

I hope one appears when you are looking next year. 2nd hand is the way to go because a new system/backbox would be a killer.

Joz

Nice, I didn't think of it being ceramic coated, it looked like just a normal metal colour to me - looks kind of like the corolla inlet manifold colour.

Have you considered wrapping it aswell though, surely every little helps - especially when you're running ITB's you'll want temps as low as possible?

As soon as it's on you must get some videos/sound clips of what it sounds like. I bet it's going to sound mean as fuck whilst not being stupidly loud. And the whole thing will sound amazing once you've got the ITB's on. :p

Oh and thanks, I hope so too :)

good luck with it mate

I also hope the n/a gearbox holds up :)

nice system you got there joz... never seen one of those before, i heard that they existed... but ive never seen one lol

i wouldnt worry about the n/a box, unless the syncros are on they're way out its should be fine.

braidedlines off the austarletclub ran a TD04L on the standard box for a good few thousand miles with no real issues, so i cant see a higher powered n/a having a problem.

I also hope the n/a gearbox holds up :)

Yeap I'll double what scutch0 says. I don't think you'll have any problems. I've seen a handfull of starlets here, with a 4E-FTE using the N/A gearbox, on cars of around 180hp with quite high torque figures.

So regarding strength, ( unless it has not wear off), you won't facing any problems.

You should only worry if the gear ratio will fit your driving style and the use the car is build for, but from our chats I think your on the right track :p