★ Project 赤い脈動 EP 九一 ★ 14/06/12 - Interior and Exterior Update! ★

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only a small update :p

I popped down to the local steelworks and they have finished making the tapered 2" piping for the flange end of the hotshot manifold with enough pipe length to work with as I only need a certain length and adjustments will be made.

The tapering has been very well done, the pipe itself is stainless steel, not cosmetically perfect but is fine as I will be wrapping that part up.

Im just waiting on them to machine a steel gasket piece that the manifolld's connecting end needs to attach itself to the Fujitsubo.

Should see this ready by wednesday/thursday then I can book the exhaust to get fitted next week all going well.

Still no sign of the LSD but Im pretty sure it will get here soon.

Joz

Things are still in the 'pipe'line (sorry couldn't resist :p) bro through these winter months which is a good thing.

Should have an update with pics of the manifold work on wed/thurs, from what I saw it looks like a weapon...

Need some engine oil soon, am really not sure what to go for, running in wise... :p

And yea the LSD best get here soon!

Joz

Project Red EP91 Update

I collected the Hotshot mani yesterday with the tapered collector pipe welded on.

CIMG0564.jpg

For needed adjustability, the flange plate and metal gasket can be moved along the whole pipe so I can get it welded exactly where its needed and have the remaining pipe length removed.

CIMG0560.jpg

I also had the rusted blanking plate replaced with a screw in bung, the rest of the rust I will get removed before its installed.

CIMG0565.jpg

Here is the small part of the Fujitsubo thats meant to bolt to the standard mani which I didnt fancy hacking at.

CIMG0575.jpg

Here is what I wanted to get replicated, the small flange part which houses a metallic gasket piece.

CIMG0574.jpg

Im taking these to my bodyshop soon to make sure the parts fit together, ETA for the full test fitting of the system will be either tommorrow or sometime next week.

Thanks for reading, sexy time continues.

Joz

(yes Phil they are going to Cyril's lol :lol:)

Need some engine oil soon, am really not sure what to go for, running in wise... :lol:

Joz

simple mineral oil will sufice bro 10w 40 and your laughing, nothing fancy, see if you can buy in bulk, its a shame your not over here as i have access to a big vat of the shit

I forgot to say semi synthetic too bro.

I might go for the semi syn 10w 40w they sell at my local toyota, its about £14 odd for 5 litres.

I wanted to ask because if I do go for something like Royal Purple I wouldnt want to use it from the start lol because its quite dear.

What will you be using for the run in process Si?

Joz

Hi Luke :lol:

Yes mate you must indeed!

That was BAD reception the other night lol.

I'll give you a shout once its off, I'm scheduled to have the new system fitted on Thursday sometime.

So it will be the following week Im in Downpatrick mon-wed, but you are welcome to meet me in Newcastle anytime.

Talk soon

Joz