★ Project 赤い脈動 EP 九一 ★ 14/06/12 - Interior and Exterior Update! ★

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kooool, Emanage Ultimate... Wouldn't emanage blue of surficed? I suppose you've got more to play with, with that - nothing but the best. And a seriously nice collection of Rare parts there man congrats on sourcing them :)

Like I said gona be savage and don't hold out on us with long periods of no updates :)

Oh and a quick note, if you want more compression use the 4EFE pistons, they got a bigger dome :)

Thanks for that Rich.

I think the emanage will give me a lot more options if the need arises, also I got it at a very good price so I can justify getting it over the blue.

Im also a fan of Jezza's thread too lol but Im gonna stick with the 5E-FHE pistons for now and use what I have.

If I ever feel the need to upgrade I'll just go H/C forged but that kind of thing is hard and expensive to get these days.

I'll be using a TRD 0.5mm head gasket so that will help the CR also.

I'll keep the updates coming as they happen.

Thanks for your support.

Joz

Nice one Joz, got anything on the fuelling side of things? Or is that already sorted?

You better be getting it on the dyno when it's all done :)

Oh and if they're for sale once you've fitted the ITB's, I might want to buy the silicone reducer and aluminium pipe thing off you :)

That would probably be high enough compression with the headgasket as its meant for the 4E anyway.

Austrailians eh.. only thing they ever invented is the rotary washing line, but when it comes to Toyotas theyre just plain mad, good but mad! :)

If you got the e-manage for a good price then why the hell not, I swear you get everything for a good price lol (I'm just jealous :) )

Oh Ste - I think he will be on the dyno when the e-manage gets tuned :)

Don't be jealous man lol I've done a lot of waiting to get this far but Im happy things are about to go ahead soon.

Im not dedicated for nothing, but things take time, pc's explode and money takes time to build up again.

So sorry for the long waits in between.

And Ste here is how much a full kit costs with all the sensors Emanage Ultimate Full Kit

I will probably need to keep the old intake system for spares man just in case.

Hopefully get the car back tonight with the levin brakes ready to roll.

I'll keep y'all updated, thanks for reading.

Joz

She's certainly going to be different Lew.

She doesnt go too bad at the moment, but everything that I have gathered should work really well together hopefully.

Gotta ditch that powerflow for something sexual... ;)

Am picking the car up some time tommorrow, cant wait!

Joz

spot on man!

where did you get the plug and play loom?

also what power do you think she will make, im betting it will crack 150bhp! with the amount of work gone in you should crack the 100bhp ber litre

you would be a legend if it id !

Im not gonna say anything about figures but Im sure excited about what results can be achieved with the ITBs and a totally sorted setup, its unchartered territory.

The engine is gonna be fresh as a daisy also.

Whats most important is that the itbs will be running right and then its all in the tune, so will be only going to a place that does both emanage and also have previous itb tuning experience.

I got the field harness custom made for me by a mate overseas at a sweet price of course.

As for the sorted head, its certainly going on with the rest of the stuff.

I'll be running it as 5EFHE for a very short while, whilst I finalise and test fit the ITBs, then its off to the tuners.

I finally ordered my engine bearings today, jeez they aint cheap even though I ordered from a UK company... Toga Engine Bearings

Off to get the car at 3, can't wait! Twin Pot testing time!!

Joz

Another Update (must be christmas ;) ???)

Levin Twin Pot Conversion Finally Completed

CIMG0373.jpg

CIMG0378.jpg

CIMG0376.jpg

CIMG0389.jpg

Ultra Racing Room Bar Finally Installed (extra bolts added for strength)

CIMG0384.jpg

CIMG0379.jpg

CIMG0385.jpg

I've also had the rear tyres switched to the front for even tyre wear purposes, felt pretty good on the road.

Initial thoughts on the twin pot brakes are positive and altho still in the bedding in process I can feel there is a lot of potential to be had from this brake setup.

Joz

They look fricking awsome :p nice match to the wheel nuts aswell!

Noticed any difference with the your bar? I guess it all adds up, is there anymore handling mods left? or are they all on the EP ;)

Im glad you like mate.

Thats all I have for the moment Rich.

The your room bar is quite stiff now thanks to the extra bolting point on each side, every little helps of course.

All Im missing is the rear lower arm bar and a full roll cage ;).

Joz

The pedal feels a lot more refined Geo. Gradual braking and braking distances are far safer and shorter than before.

I think its the Endless pads, they seem to be on another level.

Time will tell as the bedding in process is still going on, so a little while until I can do some spirited braking.

The way I have the calipers and discs fitted, there was no need for spacers or longer wheel studs thanks to the thicker disc.

As for the caliper color, I matched the color best I could from a car colour book.

Am seriously considering using that color for other dress up parts, what you reckon?

Joz