★ Project 赤い脈動 EP 九一 ★ 14/06/12 - Interior and Exterior Update! ★

The front end has a Civic EK feel about it..

DSCF3053.jpg

EK2_FG_Installed.jpg

Very unique and the quality of the work looks absolutely flawless but its not really my cup of tea tbh, but it could grow on me! The standard grille cut and smoothed would look better imo, but thats just my opinion. :p

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the mixed comments everyone.

The grill was intended to be removable i.e so you could see its lines but the bodyshop smoothed it in to be part of the bumper instead.

Its a shame the EP may be judged by its appearance now and not by its ability but thats what its all about.

It took a whole night before it grew on me and I saw it in daylight.

About the grill itself, its a full size standard EK9 grill.

With the EP bumper not having as much meat, it was difficult to get it full in hence part of the top bumper was cut away.

Like I said it was unpredictable to how this was going to turn out but Im quite happy with it and believe me Im not happy when things go wrong.

The standard top grill cut out and meshed has been done to death, and I wanted an aftermarket grill, not the oem one smoothed.

The lower bar is staying in for now.

I've had the rear fully resprayed too, will get pics of that up when I get the clear spoiler light in :p

Joz

awesome! i like it!!!

i see...smoothed grooves, the EK9 grill, and a tidied splitter and a shortened number plate recess!!!!

all in all i think its pretty damn smart to be honest! i like it!!!!

it has a mixture of OEM meets aftermartket and not in a shitty OTT max power kinda way!!!

plus, its all Jap parts!!! WIN WIN!!!!!

fresh paint at the rear sounds good too man!!!

great work dude! now get your winter wheels back on before the salt eats your wheels!

Phil.

ive just been srating at this and i think if you could work that lower section to look a bit like the chargespeed bumper for the teg, it would look uber smart..

i think you need to break the opening up with foglight ish holes.. it needs to just be wider to help that top grill settle in properly.

image01.jpg

Thanks for the suggestions Rick.

I'll defo look into it with the next front bumper revision but all moolah is going towards the engine work now.

Its growing on me everyday tho and I've actually always liked the middle bar.

Many thanks for your kind words Si and Phil.

Joz

Cheers Rich :lol:

Some I took today.

DSCF3099.jpg

DSCF3102.jpg

OK enough of the front end already lol its time to see more of what the rest of the car has offer.

I've had the red spoiler light replaced by the clear led alternative.

DSCF3076.jpg

The rear bumper has also had a full respray and the original rear splitter has also been joined much better than it was before.

DSCF3075.jpg

DSCF3104.jpg

My art for the day!

DSCF3084.jpg

The ultra racing room bar and 4 point lower arm bar have also arrived so I'll get those on once Im back from Hong Kong :p

Enjoy and see you guys in 10 days time :wacko:

Joz

I just finished reading your EP91 journey so far Joz. Far out! Fantastic metamorphis! Keep it up!

Great originality and tuning spirit :wacko:

Hi Jules

Many thanks for reading and your kind and encouraging words.

All the best with your project, maybe make her into a Winton weapon once you get some whiteline gear on her :lol:

Joz