★ Project 赤い脈動 EP 九一 ★ 14/06/12 - Interior and Exterior Update! ★

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the comments guys :p

@Mart - I had a small bumper before xmas and sadly lost my front splitter. For the cost of replacing it on the current bumper Im going for a different front end. I was also going for some custom bonnet work, but its gonna be more cost effective to get a bonnet already with a scoop recess. Hence a complete front end is going to work out better for me as Im going for a total EP package.

Project Red EP91 Rebuild Update

Just got off the phone to my mechanic there, he's bunged as usual so gotta call him in 2 weeks.

I've also decided to order the red samco off ebay as I envisage its gonna take around a month to get my car actually in his garage as he works from home and the whole town uses him.

All good things come to those who wait I guess.

In the meantime I'm not sure whether to go ahead with the bodywork or refine the itbs...

I received one wrong diff bearing so gotta send that back to Sheekey. Its not gonna delay anything as my car isnt in my mechanics garage yet nor is the gearbox out for my other mechanic to fit the diff. I just gotta keep visiting my main mechanic and put pressure on him until he can fit me in lol. 5l of Silkolene Gear Oil has been ordered also.

In the meantime I'm keeping hold of my pennies. All parts are ready and sitting here in my office lol.

The backbox would have the most effect on the end sound but the induction intake would also contribute to the effect it as well. With it being a proper mandrel bent decat system as standard there is no flatspots unlike the powerflow I had before but it does get considerably raw. Headers (exhaust mani's) have their own sound.

Project Red EP91 Update

The EP project is still very much alive and now I have a date in which I can finally get my car into my mechanics garage for the glorious work to take place and get this mountain of metal out of my office :)

The 8th of February is when I will be leaving it in. Hopefully the red samco rad hoses arrives in time for the install. The gearbox must also be taken out to fit the LSD which I will be organising also.

February will be such an eventful month :(

I still need to run the engine in and have a few oil changes easyboy :D

Will defo let you know whats happening if you do decide to come up.

Cheers for the support guys. Im hoping to lend a hand so at least I can see what work is involved.

Need to get that gearbox out which is the first thing on the agenda.

• 2 weeks later...

oh my god joz i go away for a year and look whats happened!!! your ep is seriously the bee knees :thumbsup: makes me sad to think of mine now though good luck with everything and you can be sure it will all be worth it on the road when your done!

Nice to hear from you Ian mate and thanks! :thumbsup:

She went into the mechanics tonight so all should be gravy by end of next week.

She will be undergoing some surgery too so stay tuned man.

All the hard work is yet to come :(

And she will be going on the track because the road is not safe enough for her antics lol.