★ Project 赤い脈動 EP 九一 ★ 14/06/12 - Interior and Exterior Update! ★

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Project Red EP91 5EFHE Rebuild Update

Front End body parts ordered.

Mc_Chu goodies on their way = more bodyparts!

LSD gearbox not sorted yet, but will be this week.

Engine bits not painted yet.

Will check up on the engine on my way home.

Peace

Cheers Johnny :)

I may be taking her to be tuned by Emanage sooner than I thought just so that Im not running too rich or lean.

The FHE stuff will really bump up the compression. Im considering driving her for a week to run her in then take her up for a nice base tune. I have used mainly all new components but the head, valves, rods, pistons and cams are 2nd hand low mileage items.

Its unknown mate which is what makes it all so exciting.

I'll be getting a full dyno session etc so you'll have to wait til then.

The good thing is everything is going to be tuned properly with the emanage which totally defeats all of the bolting on I've been doing these few years. The FHE items themselves are already a healthy bump and the FHE head has had the works done to it.

Its not all about power tho, I think it will be different with the lightened flywheel, lsd, underdrive crank pulley and other stuff I have waiting to go. Don't forget the itbs will be the main difference maker however the setup is already very extensive. The car is light as hell too hence it already flies once it gets going at its current spec.

Assumption is the mother of all f**k ups hence Im not gonna speculate :)

Cheers Johnny :)

I may be taking her to be tuned by Emanage sooner than I thought just so that Im not running too rich or lean.

The FHE stuff will really bump up the compression. Im considering driving her for a week to run her in then take her up for a nice base tune. I have used mainly all new components but the head, valves, rods, pistons and cams are 2nd hand low mileage items.

you wont have to run that in lad.

but take it easyish for a week before the map.

Joz lad have you pictures anywhere of the fhe rods and pistons? Also have you seen the rods that came out of the uk 5efe. I cant wait to see what you make, Im so glad your havin her tuned without the ITB's to see this engine build is going to change FE N/a tuning around the world lad. Does EMU rev the rev limit??

Project Red EP91 5EFHE Rebuild Update

Engine fully built bar the timing/auxilary belts and clutch.

CIMG0894.jpg

CIMG0903.jpg

The old flywheel weighed at least twice the weight of the lightened Aasco item I have replaced it with.

The crank pulley was also quite heavy (had harmonic damper attached to it) in comparison to the ASP underdrive pulley I will be using.

With all this loss of rotational weight I can forsee the acceleration of the car is going to be fairly improved.

Previous 5EFE Head (Replaced with fully loaded 5EFHE head)

CIMG0904.jpg

Previous Head Gasket (Replaced with TRD 0.5mm Headgasket

CIMG0905.jpg

Previous 5EFE Rods & Pistons

CIMG0906.jpg

CIMG0907.jpg

Photo of one of my spare 5EFHE rods/pistons (Trust me they are way beefier, like Hamburger vs Big Mac)

CIMG0367.jpg

Better 5E/FHE rods comparisons to come later.

Just waiting on QUAIFE'd gearbox and some painted engine brackets.

Spare rocker cover also being painted.

The block will be cleaned of rust and painted.

Interesting facts are the 5EFE and 5EFHE pistons look very similar, they could even be the same.

Of course a 4EFE piston is different.

Having seen firsthand, the 5EFE and 5EFHE sumps are also the same.

Contrary to beliefs that the FHE one has some baffling inside, it is the exact same as the 5EFE one.

The bottom of the FHE sump was more rust free so it was used in place of the old one.

More updates to come soon, all going well the engine should be running early next week.

Joz lad have you pictures anywhere of the fhe rods and pistons? Also have you seen the rods that came out of the uk 5efe. I cant wait to see what you make, Im so glad your havin her tuned without the ITB's to see this engine build is going to change FE N/a tuning around the world lad. Does EMU rev the rev limit??

I will get some decent comparison photos soon Noel mate.

The EMU can alter the rev limit, add and trim fuel and also has launch control settings to name a few of its features.

Thanks for your enthusiasm and support towards my project man.

Talk soon.

Thanks Si :p

I'll be even prouder once its up and running.

Its a shame I couldn't get more photos of the new stuff going in but at least its all built up and ready.

Cheers for the support man and that lil something will need signing for :p