★ Project 赤い脈動 EP 九一 ★ 14/06/12 - Interior and Exterior Update! ★

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you throw on the Suspension mods you ordered from Toby yet bro???

Im still waiting on them Mart ;)

Getting an all over alignment done too once they are all on.

How u getting on bro?

Joz

Good now lad. Mine arrived alright the other day, just going to try and get them sorted now in the next few weeks when I can... still contemplating on going to JAE with yee. I'll give it a bit more of a look in the next week to see the story on hols and stuff and If I can get it free...

How's the rest of your mods coming bro?

You really need msn dude lol :p

Much easier to communicate.

Mods are going well bro thanks.

Glad your bus is still going strong too.

Im saving heavily for Tokyo in November so even Im not 100% sure I'll make it to JAE altho there'll be plenty irish peeps heading over, it would be good to talk anyway ;)

Talk soon

Joz

The Jozmobile wont be at JAE????? :p

Bro, I think Tokyo is outta tha question for me!!!

Dont make me come to a meet over in Ireland to see it!!!!!

Looking forward to the major update hope everything is going smoothly, will catch you on MSN soon anyway ;)

P.S I would come to a show/big meet in Ireland when im on the road if some other guys were up for crossing the sea ;)

• 3 weeks later...

MayDay Whiteline Upgrade Update

I've always dreamt of these parts when I first got the starlet and no way did I think it would ever happen.

Whiteline Front 22mm Anti Roll Bar & Whiteline Anti Lift/Castor Kit

DSCN0729.jpg

Whiteline Rear 3 Way Blade Adjustable Anti Roll Bar - set on medium

DSCN0726.jpg

Closer pics of both sides of the front

DSCN0732.jpg

DSCN0733.jpg

I've always thought that although coilovers and strut braces are great, there still seemed to be much room for improvement.

After getting these components from the recent group buy my suspension quest has finally ended.

These were the missing part of the puzzle.

The car has been transformed even more so into a go kart state, and it is not for the faint hearted.

There are uprated polyurethane bushes all round as you can see and make the car uber stiff and seriously planted to the road.

You can turn much more harder and true and you have to be much more precise with your steering otherwise you could oversteer.

Overall very pleased with the outcome and highly recommend these to proper handling enthusiasts.

Some decent tyres next will see the boundary being pushed on

how well an ep can handle on fast road and later on the track.

Let the fun begin :)

Joz

Thanks for the comments.

They make a really good noticeable difference and change the handling characteristics of the car drastically.

You will definitely notice it. As well as looking good underneath, they ultimately serve their purpose :)

Coupled with everything else I have on, the suspension setup is now finally complete.

Joz

awesomeness!!!! I've been holdin off on the whiteline parts to see if Geo comes through with his kits but i have to say having read how happy u are woth your parts man it really makes me wana get them happenin soonish too!!!

great work man, keep it up!!!!!!!! alot of the parts on my shoppin list i get a review of in your thread before i decide whether or not to go for them, its very very handy!! :):p :P :D

keep it up dude!

Phil.

MayDay Steering and Gearing Upgrade Update

I have always wanted an aftermarket steering wheel and I got myself this nice little number. I also managed to source a jdm ep91 specific boss kit from yahoo auctions that was made specifically for airbag cars, it allows the horn to be hooked up properly and fit better too. There is also a universal snap-off boss kit on there as well to heighten the driving experience. Also wanted a less bulky gearknob so went for a cylindrical one JAM Racing stylee.

600x450-2007021700002.jpg

600x450-2007021700001.jpg

DSCN0701.jpg

Replica Bride 320mm Steering Wheel & twin boss kits

DSCN0681.jpg

JAM.jpgCylindrical Gear Knob

DSCN0702.jpg

Thanks for waiting for my updates people, at least you know they are worth waiting for!

thvinyl_ninjastar3.jpg,

There is more to come soon...

Joz

uksc.jpg

Setup Update

Suspension

Tanabe Sustec Pro OS Height and Camber Adjustable Coilovers

Cusco Front Type OS Strut Brace

Cusco Rear Type OS Strut Brace

Cusco Lower Arm Bar

elSport C Pillar Bar

RS*R Adjustable Panhard Rod

White 22mm Front Anti Roll Bar

Whiteline Adjustable Rear Anti Roll Bar

Whiteline Anti Lift Kit

Braking

Cusco BMCS

3g 10 Groove Discs

Mintex C-Tech 1144 Brakepads

Motul Dot 5.1 Brake Fluid

Black Diamond Braided Lines all round.

awesome work Joz, i still havent got my anti-lift kit on, did the mechanic say it was much of a job?

props to ya man i always wanted the TRD front roll bar may do that now I've read this

Thanks for the comments guys!

@Sime - My mechanic said the anti-lift kit was a handy enough job. I would get a rear one as well as the trd front mate to balance everything, don't want it too front heavy.

@kevink - Thanks man, Im trying my best for n/a ep91 :) Do your best too! :p

More evil updates to come soon.

Joz

uksc.jpg

Awesomeness on a stick, that's some funky stuff right there! :lol:

Finally reached the point where your suspension can be improved no further, a point where I'm sure very few n/a owners have reached, if any at all before you :)

As have said before :p the new steering wheel is gorgeous, and is practical too (airbag etc) so all is groovy.

Isn't there an update you're still missing? :):D ? :):p

@MJ - MEH!!! lol

Thanks for your comments mate :)

I have actually lost the airbag, its just the boss kit fits the whole thing better.

thvinyl_ninjastar3.jpg

Will post the big update soon as I can.

Joz

uksc.jpg