Thanks, As I'm a tight wad i decided that i might as well have a go at fixing the bonnet it myself, It was pretty well kinked in to start with and the paint had all cracked, I had managed to get the line right across the bottom and knocked out the worse of the damage so i attacked it with a sander and some filler.

1z1e2b8.jpg

It didn't need much filler as i got the worse of the damage out, after some primer it looked like this.

2v92dc8.jpg

Yes that's a rattle can, what could possibly go wrong?.

5ju2rd.jpg

Well a bit really, i should have bought a better nozzle as it didn't flow very well from the can and then disaster struck when the lacquer stopped spraying and then started started again causing a big run.

2mx2vit.jpg

Balls, So i had to flat it back and start again. once all unmasked it looked like this. Stripey.

2qs5dna.jpg

So fast forwards to this morning and i had a go at finishing it, after a good flatting session and running over it with the mop it's come up like glass, I'm much happier with it.

It's still not perfect but i shouldn't complain, it looks nicer with the badge and sticker refitted again too.

2cxyln6.jpg

apbfrq.jpg

1zxocp0.jpg

It now lives to fight another day!

Edited by trigger
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Nothing sporty extra on the interior. 3 spoke steering wheel and rev counter helloooo does that not scream sport? Haha

If they'd have given it some 98 spec V seats or something slightly sporty, dark grey interior elecy mirrors and 100hp it would have been a much better car stock and would have deserved the Sr badge imo

Ha ha that's toyotas idea of sporty- they've half arsed quite a few 'sporty' models but gone serious on a lot of others, I don't really get it.

That's why I don't have a problem with engine swaps or interior mods. Just love the exterior of them to stay as they were made.

Oh and Morgey when would you like to sell me your SR?

If they'd have given it some 98 spec V seats or something slightly sporty, dark grey interior elecy mirrors and 100hp it would have been a much better car stock and would have deserved the Sr badge imo

So true... giving it the same bhp and near on same trim was a bad move. Could of been like the 106 rallye witch deserves the name as it does a 100bhp version and a 120bhp if im right? But still they coulda atleast like you said pushed the ponys abit more and also inside. On about a car being perfect then!

The rallye is lovely isn't it but I could never get one over an sr- just love them. Ok Morgey just drop me a pm then ;) I'm being serious. I'm on the look out for a clean sr in the near future in the view to upgrade the interior and give it a better heart. So yours would be perfect

I does seem strange that they didn't fit the 1.6 16v lump in the sporter model or even fit a slightly more desirable interior, I guess it was to keep the insurance down and encourage the first time driver to buy them maybe?.

As for this one, I've still got it, it must have done about 2000 miles in it now, not a lot of miles i know but it's been faultless and drives really nicely for a cheap, little Jap car, Yesterday i spent £83 on a pair of Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres for it from http://www.tyreleader.co.uk as they worked out the cheapest. The mot is due next month and one front tyre is close to bald with a slow puncture and the other is cracking so it would be daft not too,

As the tyres got to come off anyway then I'm also going to refurbish the alloys, I've ordered a set of new Speedline badges for them and I'll probably go Anthracite in colour as that suits the black. I'm well snazzy.

I does seem strange that they didn't fit the 1.6 16v lump in the sporter model or even fit a slightly more desirable interior, I guess it was to keep the insurance down and encourage the first time driver to buy them maybe?.

As for this one, I've still got it, it must have done about 2000 miles in it now, not a lot of miles i know but it's been faultless and drives really nicely for a cheap, little Jap car, Yesterday i spent £83 on a pair of Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres for it from http://www.tyreleader.co.uk as they worked out the cheapest. The mot is due next month and one front tyre is close to bald with a slow puncture and the other is cracking so it would be daft not too,

As the tyres got to come off anyway then I'm also going to refurbish the alloys, I've ordered a set of new Speedline badges for them and I'll probably go Anthracite in colour as that suits the black. I'm well snazzy.

Where did you order the speedline badges from? Mine need replacing lol