No worries bud and thanks for the offer, I did polish it again before i stuck them on as i didn't want any grease on it but they have started lifting on the edges, These things happen, I still think they look great and have totally transformed the car in my view.

I'll give them a few months and see how they last. :thumbsup:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife was behind a Audi S5 leaving a car park last night and the Audi driver decided to reverse straight into it, apparently there was a broken down car being pushed into the car park exit which my wife couldn't see due to a brick wall, the Audi driver panicked when he saw it and just went back without looking.

It's got to go though the insurance as the Audi was on a company policy and its his company and he'll need to claim for a new rear bumper anyway which means the Starlet could be written off, it only needs a new bonnet, bumper, headlight and indicator which is sod all but if it goes through the insurance it could be £800 worth of work, more than the cars worth.

I'll have to see on Monday what happens, I'll buy it back if it does get written off though. To say I'm pissed about it all is a understatement.

2i7nw2t.jpg

27xq789.jpg

I'm in Ipswich, Suffolk.

The good news is that my insurance company have agreed that it shouldn't be written off after seeing the photos and that as I've agreed to repair it myself they will send me a cheque for £400 (less my £150 excess) to fix it tomorrow so now I need to find a replacement black bonnet, bumper bar, headlight and indicator.

If anyone knows of a good black bonnet then please holla!.

Edited by trigger

I'm in Ipswich, Suffolk.

The good news is that my insurance company have agreed that it shouldn't be written off after seeing the photos and that as I've agreed to repair it myself they will send me a cheque for £400 (less my £150 excess) to fix it tomorrow so now I need to find a replacement black bonnet, bumper bar, headlight and indicator.

If anyone knows of a good black bonnet then please holla!.

I've seen one on eBay I believe

Thanks for that, it's already on my watch list but it's actually in transport primer rather than paint so it will still need rubbing down and painting.

I'll see what the local scrappys have in stock tomorrow and go from there.

Damn im stripping my n.a next month for a respray and to replace everything with glanza bits, so i could have helped you out with all those parts for free! But i think ull need it done well before im ready lol

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure you've all been itching to see how I've got on with this... Well, I went round my dads today and we stripped the front end off to see what was bent, Thankfully it was only the bumper iron which i have a replacement off, the front edge of chassis rail was also slightly bent so we straightened that out and also reshaped a bracket that sits just under the headlight.

n1c5xh.jpg

nvxr9x.jpg

That all seemed to line up better so I boshed back on the replacement bumper bar and headlight.

1zr1laa.jpg

Then after a lot of adjustments with a persuader, a block of wood, and some gentle pushing we managed to get the bumper and bonnet to all line up pretty good again.

jagtqu.jpg

2qunpxe.jpg

2mxn2gw.jpg

Much better i think you'll agree, Today I've made a start at repairing the bonnet, I was going to get a bodyshop to do it but i think i can do a good enough job with a rattle can for now, If a 2nd hand bonnet turns up on ebay at some point I could always change it.

Total costs have been £15 for the headlight, £5 for the indicator, £25 for the bumper iron, £2.83 for a indicator clip and £7 for a replacement SR bonnet sticker and £40 for the parts to paint the bonnet , Not bad for a £400 payout, Mind you I haven't seen any of it, the wife's made sure of that!