Aluminum Pulleys

Has anyone had any experience with these Aluminum Pulleys?

​http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221430633403?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

$_57.JPG

​There isn't much bad reviews on his feedback and none regarding these items.

​I just don't want to fit it only for it to bend and have to take it all apart again. And I've damaged my crank pulley so need a replacement and thought of these.

The only real method for removing them is to tap them from behind with a hammer and pull at the same time. Unfortunately it chips the lip off the back.... Even when you try use a pulley puller, it just breaks the lip off still haha. So they're all the same. Makes no difference anyway. It's not on show either so who cares haha.

​Okay well that's good. Any more tips. Stressing out about this cause this is just more and more money that's being invested in a car I haven't driven yet. So would like to get this engine back together with minimal damage. Replacing bits as I go.

​I'll be sure to give that a go next weekend. Hopefully get it off and sorted.

They are a little stubborn but my only advice (once the bolt is out) is to tap it from behind with a hammer whilst pulling on it with your hand to work it off... Don't be scared of breaking the lip off because it's inevitable. Even if you squash the lip into the groves a little from hitting it harder, just clean them out with a hacksaw blade.

piece of wood and a soft blow hammer on the back of the Centre of the pulley !

taken one off recent and it had no chips and still has no chips, they can be a knightmare sometimes but hopefully i will be making a tool to remove the dam thing !

Good luck dude

I made my own puller that gets the pulley off without damage - The two holes on the pulley are tapped holes so you just need to bolt a bit of flat bar to the pulley, drill and tap a hole in the middle of the bar then tighten a bolt up against the pulley bolt head (with the bolt already loose obviously).

Edited by WallaceGlanza

The only real method for removing them is to tap them from behind with a hammer and pull at the same time. Unfortunately it chips the lip off the back.... Even when you try use a pulley puller, it just breaks the lip off still haha. So they're all the same. Makes no difference anyway. It's not on show either so who cares haha.

if there chipped then there unballenced !!!!

callum not yet mate im searching around for the best i can get for my funds :) :)

Edited by 5e colin

Yeah, and when spun up to 8'000 rpm that imbalance will be noticeable :S Not by me but by the engine itself.

​Yeah I thought those bolts were tapped but I couldn't get anythinbg to thread into it, cause I've got a tool for that.

​Yeah well if you want any advice on that Colin just PM. Unfortunately IT just gets outdated the minute you buy it, but that doesn't mean it's not any good. Should be able to get a nice i5 for around the 400 mark.

Standard crank pulley is harmonically dampened on a 4efte. Read up on the internet on the effects lf removing it and decide, people have different views. Personally i just found a new toyota pulley

^^^this ...using the other pulleys is fine.