Think I'm just going to go with the hybrid ct9 as i only do town driving anyone know where to get one from that's but ebay and China lol

To really get the good gains external wastegate is the way to go on both turbo's it's all a roll of the dice of how good your other parts are and mapper as to what you get power wise, I have always said it a good ct9 set up will give the td04 a run, I made more power on my ct9 k1 than some in the td04 band, naughty little turbo's man :)

Yeah I don't really get where you guys are coming from?

Yeah it's more lag but that's only in 1st, and 1st has bare torques. If you know how to drive then lag is just a figment of the immagination. Once you're in the powerband there won't be any lag.

Bottom end can be recompensated for and at the end of it you will end up with a machine that will have more peak power. The CT9 is a great little turbo. But I find that it spools to quickly, and to drive off boost is merely impractical. So economy driving is non-existent. This is based on the the full 90 mins I've driven my GT LMAO! and the hours I've been in a TD04. Mines CT9 and my bros TD04. Personally I like the CT9 Spool. But the power out of the TD04 is great.

I now have both a TD04 GT Turbo and a Tongs CT9 Hybrid Glanza.

I love the kick of a TD04 but the Glanza is more keen, you don't have to be as coscious of what gear you're in with a CT9.

Personally if i had to chose i'd go with the CT9 hybrid, purely on the way it drives. TD04 is a cheaper route, bigger power figures, cheaper replacement turbo, nice manifold option available from wepr/zisco etc.

It depends on what you want out of the car.