♪♫ Charlotte's Purple Glanza Project ♪♫

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats a great save girl well done wish al women where like that :) :)

just get the last few issues sorted and enjoy it

Lol if all women were like me the world would be covered in insane asylums haha.

Yeah fix what breaks until it runs out of issues lol.

I've started prepping a few panels for my new GT project while this is on axle stands with the sump off, bearing should be here tomorrow all being well.

Silly Glanza, rod bearings are for fishermen...

Well as said above the sump has now been cleaned out and fresh as a daisy. Ordered some standard big end shells from king bearings and they should be here tomorrow all being well. As for the pictures here they are. 😞

B5FE3AC1-25BD-40A1-9506-9C4AD62B53E2.jpg

470F9C97-689F-4C85-9907-3102DAF844E3.jpg

837D395E-654E-4941-9A35-BA4792B72D0D.jpg

The crank looks a lot worse than it is. A bit of wet and dry emery should clear the crank up nicely. You can't feel any debris by finger (10 thousands of an inch!) so hopefully there should be no drama. 👍 watch this space.

• 2 weeks later...

Well tried putting new shells in on the off chance, no such luck.

Fired up and ran for a little while fine, but when revved up it knocked again. bad times.

Had literally the worst luck with everything in my life over the past few weeks... :(

Buying a complete freshly removed 4efte to put in it, and already have a full gasket set, so i'll be taking the crank to park engineering for a regrind/polish, order a full bearing set with oversize shells (hoping to get away with only 0.25 oversize, that's if the crank isn't scrap haha). And then rebuild.

Only saving grace is the piston rings, valve stem seals, headgasket are all brand new so don't have to split the block again. Just get the crank machines, bearing set to suit, and new oil pump.

sigh...

I know how it feels, my main and cam seals gave up after less than a month. Aftermarket gasket set. I replaced the 2 front ones for genuine, but the rear main is coming from Japland, 4 weeks to get it... I'm still in an EP, but the beater doesn't even have keys to start with, One of the previous owners lost them, broke the steering lock and fitted a switch and a button... I fitted the odd lock I had on mine to it to at least be able to lock it...

Yeah sucks doesn't it :( One thing after another :(

Just paid for a complete engine that's pretty local to me so hopefully that will bring a bit more luck and i might get to drive it for longer than 2 days at a time haha

So the plan forward is;

- Replace Gearbox seals (a bit weepy and i already bought the seals from toyota a while back)

- fit the replacement engine

- fit the standalone srf ecu

- replace the seals on the tongs hybrid (not too bad, only puffs smoke out when re-opening the throttle after over run, but seems like a good oppertunity while turbo kit is off)

- weld another bung in the exhaust to use for the wideband so that the decat dung can have the standard lambda in (the standalone ecu will fuel much better if the standard lambda is in place i hope)

- drive the bloody thing!

• 2 weeks later...

Epic thread Charlotte love how your doing it all by yourself as well. Need to have another meet when my GT is sorted.

Paintwork I wouldnt even dare attempt!

just out of interest as well when you were replacing shells etc were you checking clearances etc or just praying they were right? I bet the first bearings on it were fine rather than 2 sets of unset ones!

Hopefully it's the last time you will have to rebuild it lol

Epic thread Charlotte love how your doing it all by yourself as well. Need to have another meet when my GT is sorted.

Paintwork I wouldnt even dare attempt!

just out of interest as well when you were replacing shells etc were you checking clearances etc or just praying they were right? I bet the first bearings on it were fine rather than 2 sets of unset ones!

Hopefully it's the last time you will have to rebuild it lol

Lol didn't bother checking clearances, I knew i was taking a risk but i thought it was worth a try.

But no, knocked again when i fired it up...

So as it stands i bought another engine off socks and thats in now

Went to put new seals in the turbo while it was off and upon taking it apart found it was coked up to hell and the shaft was scored...

So the bad luck continues, and hence the wanted thread for another turbo :(

Love the car Charlotte I want to have a go at spraying mine myself as the paintwork is tatty as hell now but just daren't lol

It looks like you have done a realy good job though Love the way your doing everything yourself aswell!

Good luck with the new engine hope it goes well

Well the wing on my red Glanza needs spraying I'll send it your way while the paints out if you want ;) yeah I used 2 pack on the interior on my white one and it's the same story as you it was my first time painting and it's not perfect but pretty good for someone who doesn't know what they're doing lol

Yeah it's a nice colour to spray, much more forgiving than metallic paint. my EP80 is 3E5 red too

I need to start a thread for my other starlets actually, i'll get a load of pics tonight or tomorrow and get some threads going.

Moved onto the GT for something fresh because this glanza was driving me insane lol

Maybe this weekend it will be back out on the road, we will see... lol

It lives again!

New engine is now fitted and running well.

While the engine was out took the oppertunity to do the driveshaft seals on the gearbox as they were a bit weepy and i had already bought them from toyota a while back.

Stuck the standard CT9 that came with the MK2 i bought on while I get the tongs sent off to liam when i get organised. Turns out the seals have gone on that one too. This car literally hates me haha. It's fine on boost/cruising/over run, but when you open the throttle after over run it guffs a load of smoke out. And in traffic it smokes a fair bit too haha bad times once more.

Grabbed another CT9 from Kieran so i'm going to try that and if still no joy rebukd one of the standard ones. The chatter sounds so epic on a standard CT9!

Also just bagged a nice bit of JDMness from the lads at JDM EP- a HKS Hi power silent exhaust. It has sexy JDM angle on the backbox (something i've always wanted) and it should make it even more quiet (i don't dig the ott loud exhausts, not my cup of tea)

So will swap the turbo AGAIN at the weekend and fit the HKS exhaust at the same time probably. Once i find a turbo that's not goosed i'll be fitting the SRF plug and play too and turning the boost up a bit, it's only boosting 0.4 at the minute and it's not that exciting at that amount of boost haha.