HIGH REVS - what is the answer?

I know this topic has been covered 100 times but every thread I read seems to bum out and no one actually puts there hands up and says 'yep that worked'.

I could really do with an answer as this has been an annoying feature of my starlet since I've had it and im holding back on buying an exhaust as I don't want it stuck gargling at 2000rpm in traffic everyday.

so as you've seen already the car idles at upto 2000rpm sometimes over but mainly at 18-1900.

I have swapped out the ICV for a 2nd hand id-workz one - still high.

I have noticed a constant clicking sound coming from both ICVs?

if I disconnect the icv plug there is no change in revs.

the idle screw is turned all the way in.

I have replaced most vacuum pipes with silicone hoses and removed all the aircon setup (and plugged up the pipes from it).

my battery is fully working/charged and the alternator keeps it charged.

the car will naturally do this on cold startup but will even do it once ive blasted it 5 miles and the temp gauge is half way.

I have noticed that when I stop after this 5 miles and restart the engine the revs will be down to 1200-1500 but still id like it lower then this (below 1000rpm).

Also with the PCV not connected to the intake and that port blocked off the revs are as low as I would expect but I believe this is bad for the engine having this blocked?

is this a stuck cold start?

any further ideas?

thanks

Ryan

Edited by turbominicooper

Just a little tip mate especially if your taking the pipes off on the throttle body, do 1 at a time as there's two vac pipes and two water pipes, you don't wanna be taking them all off then thinking shit and guessing how they all go back on 👍

just be aware with the mod I did on the link that initial start up of your car requires you to hold throttle A FEW MM for a good 3-4 mins before car will idle on its own.

never bothered me as my idles perfectly well

I must emphasise it doesnt cause starting trouble whatsoever, just hold throttle on A FEW MM and will start as normal

Edited by mikey4410