My Starlet GT in Motorsport

Hi guys.

I havent posted much for a while but have been seeing whats been going on at UKSO.

Basically i have decided to turn my very nice and quick road car into a Race car.

I am entering a few events this year with the expectation to race in a championship next year!

I have here my provisional dates of racing for the year along with the event type in order;

Time Attack Cadwell Park - Sat 25th April

CSCC Brands Hatch - Sun 31st May

Time Attack Brands Hatch Sun 21st June

CSCC Mallory Park - Sat 1st August

CSCC Brands Hatch 31st - 1st November ( Day and Night Event)

Motorsports at the Palace (Dates to be Announced)

Brighton Speed Trials (TBA and Invite Only)

The reason i am putting this up here is because it is hard to come by a starlet out on the road let alone one in motorsport.

It would be a great opportunity to meet people from accross the country and also the support would be very much welcomed!

Here are a few pictures of the car now

10986845_10205843371980939_7533151051318

10427337_10205843372500952_4489773769675

10959450_10205843372980964_5689447796737

10013347_10205843373580979_8370161378211

10978543_10205843372260946_1304427827608

Hopefully i get some good feed back from your guys and hopefully see some of you soon!

Thanks

Wardy

Good bit of advice there thanks! My current gearbox is pretty good for brands and cadwell and i have a 2 way LSD nice and snug in there :)

It doesnt do too bad! Did a testing/Trackday sunday before last at Brands Hatch Indy, Tony Gilham from Team Hard (BTCC) was there with 4 new golfs to enter into a VW Golf championship, they were getting Blue Flagged so i could get past and they were running slicks too!

Very excited to see how competitive i am in my classes!

Chuffed to see a starlet finally doing a time attack round! Especially at Cadwell too. I'll be there all day.

I could potentially have a word with my boss about getting some stickers across to you or something. Kinda like a sponsorship. Your car would look perfext with our stickers on it due to the colour

Thanks guys appreciate it!

For sure Liam that could be a plan! Come over and say hi!

I an trying to get people to come over have a chat and to kind of not make people feel im unapproachable because im racing. I say this as i have had this in the past with other racers. I know where i came from and thats where im going to stay!

Anybody is welcome in my pit! (ps bring coffee) :p

I don't have a set of crimsons anymore dude, changing over lugs to different nuts were a pain lol!

Thanks for all your kind comments guys! Means a lot!

Any help is much appreciated and share it about for potential sponsorship deals! That would be awesome!

Feel free to add me on Facebook as well guys as all of my progress and update will be on there and also some on here

Kyle Wardy ward

Cheers 👍

Cheers guys!

Yer that's right it's the UK Time Attack and take your time bud! Don't rush as this could cause even more problems on race day and you don't want that!

Hopefully I can bring it to s few events other than racing this year as well like JAE or japfest just to get people to know about the car! Maybe a some sessions at track would also be needed! Lol!

Tbh bean pretty much everything I can to conform with regs and stuff. It's a very good set up. If I'm chasing a race driver in a 300+BHP golf and running slicks then i think it's good anyway lol!

It is wrapped yes

Cheers guys!

Yer that's right it's the UK Time Attack and take your time bud! Don't rush as this could cause even more problems on race day and you don't want that!

Hopefully I can bring it to s few events other than racing this year as well like JAE or japfest just to get people to know about the car! Maybe a some sessions at track would also be needed! Lol!

Aye it will be next year before it sees the track I recon needs running in and mapping first plus a few handling issues lol but I'm sure we will cross paths at some point 👍

Hoping to do a couple of rounds in 750mc Roadsports this year, need to do my ARDS first, hoping to get that done in the next month, along with medical and everything else that's needed. I also need to order a trailer, that'll be 4 weeks of waiting around.

I don't see any external extinguisher or power cut offs, you'll be needing them.