Testing Rear Calipers

Usually you can tell from the disc face...

If you get uneven wear/areas of the pad that are rusting up/handbrake is shit...

My handbrake is awful, is it just a case of adjusting it or things like cables need replacing?

The more I used the handbrake, like pulling it up as I'm driving(just now and again) helped it a lot, until I stopped doing that and now it's shit again :sad:

My handbrake is awful, is it just a case of adjusting it or things like cables need replacing?

The more I used the handbrake, like pulling it up as I'm driving(just now and again) helped it a lot, until I stopped doing that and now it's shit again :sad:

start with adjusting it and i that doesnt yeild MOT passing results, then fresh cables will sort it.

Use/Stretching will actually make it worse in theory.

Though i guess if it use versus zero use then yes a little would help protect against the cables getting with the sheath and becoming one.

which is usually the handrake killer - cable and sheath solid with muck corrosion dirt etc

Phil

start with adjusting it and i that doesnt yeild MOT passing results, then fresh cables will sort it.

Use/Stretching will actually make it worse in theory.

Though i guess if it use versus zero use then yes a little would help protect against the cables getting with the sheath and becoming one.

which is usually the handrake killer - cable and sheath solid with muck corrosion dirt etc

Phil

It's lucky I can "pass" any MOT anyway haha! Alright cheers for the info!

If a handbrake cable needs replacing, the normal pedal operation of the brakes wouldn't be affected would it?

no it wouldnt the handbrake mechanism works different it has its own seperate seal on the side of the caliper,

ive seen the handbrake seal fail before causing the handbrake to do pretty much nothing