Really losing patience !!!!

Fitted new engine in, everything worked before only problem was someone put battery on wrong way

Changed fuses, changed ecu etc everything's sorted everything's fine, the only problem now is that I have no engine light on ignition and no spark

Tested a friends coil where king lead plugs in, done spark test etc no joy but it's not gonna start without eml on

Checked the pin out diagram for ecu and checked the wires also they seem to look okay also no fried/melted

Still got no joy and it's got to the point I'm thinking of breaking it, I've rang auto sparkys round here and they're all booked up for over 2 weeks, it's a joke now and just generally putting me down tbh 😩😩

Also, starlet ecus don't have transponder codes do they?/immobiliser?

1996 spec ep91

the metal bracket to the ignitor needs to be earthed thats where most people go wrong

What Shaun said I replaced the bolts in mine with them fancy Chinese washer things and it didn't like it at all I had to put the original bolts back in!

I had the exact same problem with mine I'm guessing your fuel pump isn't priming niether? 99% sure it's an earth pal it probably looks like they're all theyre and all intact but so where mine!

Check make sure all your original ones are earthed nice and tight with a good contact and if that doesn't work get a friend to sit in the car and watch the eml light If you get a decent wire and earth one end to the chassis and touch the other end in different places starting with the icv I loads of different parts in your engine bay turning your ignition on and off every time you try a different place this is how I found mine lol it's tedious and sounds like a long shot but give it a go!

I pulled my alarm out and all sorts man I know how you feel it drives you mad!

Yeah I've got fuel I've got it all BUT an eml on ignition turn and no spark :( it's driving me mental lads, earths are sound and the igniter has been checked, I've scoured Google and threads for days and days and checked pretty much everything to the point where I'm getting excited again if I find a thread I haven't covered lol 🙈 its boggling me so much

He's changed the ecu guys. Says in op ;p.

Only time I've heard of all lights working but not the eml is when an earth wasn't connected onto the inlet. Other options are melted wires which I'm afraid means some tedious work.

He's changed the ecu guys. Says in op ;p.

Only time I've heard of all lights working but not the eml is when an earth wasn't connected onto the inlet. Other options are melted wires which I'm afraid means some tedious work.

Found a black and yellow wire from the smallest plug on the ecu that looks like it's had some heat passed through it, got the pin out diagram but my brain frazzled and can't work out which one it is

When i did this on my Glanza, it blew the 100A slow blow fuse and the car wouldn't start. A new one of those in and everything was fine, luckily.

Looks like this

bt_fuse.jpg

Edited by Arnold

When i did this on my Glanza, it blew the 100A slow blow fuse and the car wouldn't start. A new one of those in and everything was fine, luckily.

Looks like this

bt_fuse.jpg

A friend of mine had a honda crx in his garage and Someone put the battery on wrong way round and this fuse was the issue on that car 👍

I changed all fuses they kept blowing, so got another ecu and that put my electrics right properly and the fuses stopped blowing, sent it to an electrics garage said my coil was knackered replaced that, they tested couple of wires from ecu and said there was 2 voltages, corrected that so its 12v only, even ran there own feed said that didn't do anything

Tested new coil and it's not got continuity, different readings off that, distributor is distributing but still no spark

There telling me something about an amplifier? No idea but problem still exists I have no spark

There are two units that are before the king lead. Have you changed both? They're separate on the 91 but picture in link below what they both look like (from an ep82 but still the same).

http://www.jdm-ep.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=131_153&products_id=513

If still no luck then I'd probably start stripping wires back with the intention of swapping it all, and hopefully you'll find the problem in the process...

Worst case scenario change all the wiring. Engine loom and interior... If you do decide this, let me know as I have a glanza I can get a full loom from for you.