Info on engine/gearbox mounts

Morning guys.

I'm not sure if this in the right place or if there is a topic already that could help me but...in the next few weeks I will be swapping out my blown engine and fitting a nice shiny forged engine in its place. At the same time I was thinking on changing the mounts to the poly bush type. Now here's my problem...which mounts do I want to change? I was going to do engine and gearbox mounts but I've been told that it will be too harsh and rattle the car to bits, other people say it's fine. Then I've also been told just doing gear box mounts tightens everything up but doesn't rattle your fillings out.

What would people recommend? My car is already really firm and has a full roll cage, upgraded ARBs and all sorts and is basically a road legal go cart.

Any help or input is appreciated.

I use a full set of TRD mounts and they're nice. Ultimately though, they are still rubber so they'll still degrade. I think most people poly the rearmost mount and leave the other two rubber for the best balance.

This is what I've been recommended. Just polybush the rear and leave the front as they are.

This is what I was going to do, but I've been told by a few that it will be an absolute pic of a ride.

Someones talking rubbish.

Your car will drive 100x better with poly mounts, especially if your originals are old and worn, which I can bet they are.

The mounts will make your dashboard vibrate at traffic lights etc but after they've settled in they are not bad at all.

I've done about 800 miles in my EP82 since fitting them and they're perfect. I would never swap them back for rubbers. :)

Someones talking rubbish.

Your car will drive 100x better with poly mounts, especially if your originals are old and worn, which I can bet they are.

The mounts will make your dashboard vibrate at traffic lights etc but after they've settled in they are not bad at all.

I've done about 800 miles in my EP82 since fitting them and they're perfect. I would never swap them back for rubbers. :)

thats just a small understatement they are rattling my complete interior loose SOOOOOOOO anoying

My main concern is that the car is already really firm and rattles like crazy with standard tired mounts. I've just recently discovered JD tuning are developing some softer poly mounts.

Rob do them all pal fuckit! No point installing polybushes if they arent hard.

Besides any women in the pasenger seat will be dripping with the vibrations so get a snap on seat cover and a pair of wellies :)

Be like a snail getting out the passenger seat :p

I bought all 3 powerflex bush mounts & fitted just the rear gearbox mount & drove the car for 1 week it was OK when driving but first think in the mornings on start up my v didn't like it at all, the dash shake did my head in & you get the steering wheel shake to at stand still, and now I have put a good second hand standard one back on its great, I have heard the TRD one's are more suited for the car but I don't no where you can get them from.