mechanical part of dizzy?? splutter @ 6800rpm

Well lads do the mechanical part of the distributors on the 4efte engine give any problems?

Was getting car mapped to and had a Splutter past 6700 ish under full load, but if u bring power on easy it will rev out. Any suggestions car is driving and boosting perfect apart from that?

My mate is having the same problems and tried my working leads and dizzy cap and rotor today and still the same but didn't think about trying the whole dizzy, but did a compression test and that came back fine? The next thing I was gonna try was the coilpack and ignitor but it's strange! Let me know if you sort it out or if I do il let you know

I will mate it's very odd what is happening like spark is breaking down. I had a meter on my tps today and its 5volts at idle possession then reduces as throttle is open and goes into minus voltage near wot is this normal as I'm having a Splutter at 6800rpm at full load but is ok when I bring it up not under full load

only time I have had a miss fire is when my coil pack started to fail....and theres no set rpm u will have an issue at,

mine happened to be at 2,200 but for others theres an infinite variable of rpm spots with issues.

Could try another TPS ? Although im not sure what the EMU will read as the TPS is basically an on / off switch

Well lads also I can't get the throttle percentage off the laptop when I have it pluged into my emanage ultimate either if this has anything to do with my miss fire or not??

Your multimeter's lying to you ;)

A negative voltage reading basically means you've got the leads the wrong way round when measuring DC. So, the voltage is coming in through the black and out through the red.

On your original question, I'd check continuity with your MM diretly into the 3 pins on the TPS. At 0 throttle, you should have continuity from middle to top, from 25% to 75% you should get no continuity and from 75% up you should get middle->bottom. If there's any cross-talk between the pins I'd take the TPS off and crack it open and you should be able to see where the problem is easy enough.

From your other post

Changed coil dizzy cap rotor every thing the ignition side and it still gives a miss at high rpm I am lost now?

I am using 540 injectors and emanage ultimate could injectors be to big for my set up dumping to much fuel near red line? Mapper said it looked like coil or something but I've changed everything?

Take a look at the pick ups for the trigger wheel inside the dizzy - any metal swarf or corrosion will not be helping.

Edited by Stu