Well it's that time of the year again when you see that beautiful black and red R1 fly past and think ahhhh I want one! Anybody got any good links to what to buy going to do the theory first I did my cbt ages ago and was on my way but never went the full hog. I seen a lush blue bike today it's about time I stopped bitching :D

I did my theory and cbt then ran out of money as the test is expensive, so got a road legal ktm 200 registered as a 125 i use for enduros and week end laning does me spot on, always put my self off superbikes as would probs kills my self

Start with a 600 after passing your test, more than enough ;) had Bikes for many years from Fireblade,R1's,ZX9 etc

Now 4 wheels only as roads are to busy

John

Edited by ro55ifumi

Cool cool yeah John that's a perfect size for me, what's the best way to practice the theory they used to have a mock test on the internet but is there anything better? Any opinions on the triumph's they look like my kind of bike

Cool cool yeah John that's a perfect size for me, what's the best way to practice the theory they used to have a mock test on the internet but is there anything better? Any opinions on the triumph's they look like my kind of bike

you can get an app on your phone to practice for the theory it's quite easy tbh mate I wouldn't worry about the theory to much

you can get an app on your phone to practice for the theory it's quite easy tbh mate I wouldn't worry about the theory to much

Never thought of looking into app's what did you use? I will have to do some practice.

Download one of the many apps available. As for the practical, find a good/reputable instructor.

I passed my test in july last year, bought a 600 and wasnt happy with the power so went out after 3 weeks and bought a 1000. Never looked back since.

Here's a couple of mine.

Day

IMG_0181_zpsao1cqt1j.jpg

IMG_0144_zpsgxvt7kx1.jpg

Edited by Starlet__SR

Literally, if you've never ridden before then it's well worth getting a 125 for a years riding experience before you jump onto a bigger bike. I've been riding years, didn't bother with lessons for my test since I've been riding on the road since I was 16. YouTube is a wonderful thing. Someone done Mod1 with a GoPro and it's identical to the real thing. Then Mod2 is literally what you would have been doing for ithat year anyway.

Save £££ by just having a year on a bike first and jumping straight into the tests. As people have said a good Motorbike theory app for the mobile is all you will need.

I done my license a few years ago, but I stil just hoon around a 125 two stroke. Since two strokes put out more power by at least 33% of the same displacement 4 stroke it's not a bad way to go. And that's stock. So I've tuned mine and it's definitely smiles when I go out on it.

IMG_1692_zps7f2b4a28.jpg

Also two strokes are naturally super charged :D Pressure waves in the exhaust system, forces more fuel and air back into the combustion chamber at certain RPMS :D

Also it's not about displacement, Yamaha do a 500cc that would blow most R1's out of the water, lighter, faster and handle better :D But of course, two stroke.

I digress.

Lessons only go so far, they can't teach you experience, that comes with time. A years riding allows you to gauge whether 1. you actually want to ride a motorbike (it's not for everyone, even those who think they do) and 2. Will you actually ride the thing. A lot of my mates have bikes, never ride them, simply don't have the time.

You will be better prepared in the long run and you will save a lot of money on lessons and actually be out riding.

Thanks for the info any links to that youtube video? The place where I live is quite open and out the way I don't want to pay alot of cash for a first bike but a 125 would suit me to the ground to as you say get used to the experience!

Literally, if you've never ridden before then it's well worth getting a 125 for a years riding experience before you jump onto a bigger bike. I've been riding years, didn't bother with lessons for my test since I've been riding on the road since I was 16. YouTube is a wonderful thing. Someone done Mod1 with a GoPro and it's identical to the real thing. Then Mod2 is literally what you would have been doing for ithat year anyway.

Save £££ by just having a year on a bike first and jumping straight into the tests. As people have said a good Motorbike theory app for the mobile is all you will need.

I done my license a few years ago, but I stil just hoon around a 125 two stroke. Since two strokes put out more power by at least 33% of the same displacement 4 stroke it's not a bad way to go. And that's stock. So I've tuned mine and it's definitely smiles when I go out on it.

IMG_1692_zps7f2b4a28.jpg

Also two strokes are naturally super charged :D Pressure waves in the exhaust system, forces more fuel and air back into the combustion chamber at certain RPMS :D

Also it's not about displacement, Yamaha do a 500cc that would blow most R1's out of the water, lighter, faster and handle better :D But of course, two stroke.

I digress.

Lessons only go so far, they can't teach you experience, that comes with time. A years riding allows you to gauge whether 1. you actually want to ride a motorbike (it's not for everyone, even those who think they do) and 2. Will you actually ride the thing. A lot of my mates have bikes, never ride them, simply don't have the time.

You will be better prepared in the long run and you will save a lot of money on lessons and actually be out riding.

Big 2 strokes arent around anymore :p Nice DT though, loved mine. 2 strokes do have that buzz but four strokes are the now unfortunately. I'm happy with my R1 engine anyway lol

Day

Aye sure. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TMRXG7feoEY

Not true actually, whilst they aren't mass produced for motorbikes they are still used in jetski and 1200cc two strokes have not yet been replaced. Due to the fact they can be mounted in all sorts of places, without the need for a fuel pump makes them Ideal.

But I'm a modder so the fact they aren't around anymore doesn't bother me. This would be my 'wet dream'.

http://www.moto.it/static/upl/yam/0071/yamaha-rz500-special---01.jpg

Sorry I'm on my phone.

And thank you. Although I don't think it's a dt anymore. So much blood sweat and tears have gone into building it, even the engine is different. It's a hybrid of all sorts. Love it though, amazing ride.

Aye sure. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TMRXG7feoEY

Not true actually, whilst they aren't mass produced for motorbikes they are still used in jetski and 1200cc two strokes have not yet been replaced. Due to the fact they can be mounted in all sorts of places, without the need for a fuel pump makes them Ideal.

But I'm a modder so the fact they aren't around anymore doesn't bother me. This would be my 'wet dream'.

http://www.moto.it/static/upl/yam/0071/yamaha-rz500-special---01.jpg

Sorry I'm on my phone.

And thank you. Although I don't think it's a dt anymore. So much blood sweat and tears have gone into building it, even the engine is different. It's a hybrid of all sorts. Love it though, amazing ride.

You know what I mean. There's no big 2 stroke bikes produced anymore. There's still plenty of engines floating about. Its a shame emissions killed them off.

The bike does look nice, wish I still had mine though lol.

Day

Haha! Good lad. What a beaut. Now that's a smoker!

Yeah, being pedantic as usual :/ thanks though :) A lot of work has gone into it so it's nice to get recognition. It's currently in two small boxes awaiting respray and new graphics and colours. I'm thinking Candy red wheels :)

I did my bike test back when I was 17 and had a total of eight bikes.when I was younger I loved them and I was" invincible",had alot of near missis and near accidents but didnt care...but I had another supermoto around 4 years back and didnt enjoy it at all.constantly not getting seen by various idiots on the road and I found myself just worrying all the time people were goin to pull out on me.

had me bike license 13 years now and I wont get another bike ever again unfortunately,to many idiots on roads.

prefer me starlet to any bike I hsd and its got a added bonus of being soooo much safer than any bike

I

Haha! Good lad. What a beaut. Now that's a smoker!

Yeah, being pedantic as usual :/ thanks though :) A lot of work has gone into it so it's nice to get recognition. It's currently in two small boxes awaiting respray and new graphics and colours. I'm thinking Candy red wheels :)

Aprilia wheels? Mine had the proper DT125X wheels with black rims and gold spokes. Wheels were worth more than the bike haha. I'm tempted to buy another for the little brother to learn on.

Day

Yes there are. Aprilia rs125 rims and brakes. Yamaha 450f forks. Yamaha TZR125R 4DL engine with full standalone ecu and power commander. Along with fat bars and asv levers. Shes had a lot spent on her.

Yeah i love the dtx wheels. They are sick. I just wanted something different from anyone else, until Reiju released a bike with my wheels as factory! Annoyed much.

I know what you mean about idiots on the road. But I commute as its easier and cheaper. And ride slowly and defensive. But i agree. It's scary. Nice slow bike like the dtr fulfils the bike craving. I've never been about speed, just the rush of acceleration.

Yes there are. Aprilia rs125 rims and brakes. Yamaha 450f forks. Yamaha TZR125R 4DL engine with full standalone ecu and power commander. Along with fat bars and asv levers. Shes had a lot spent on her.

Yeah i love the dtx wheels. They are sick. I just wanted something different from anyone else, until Reiju released a bike with my wheels as factory! Annoyed much.

I know what you mean about idiots on the road. But I commute as its easier and cheaper. And ride slowly and defensive. But i agree. It's scary. Nice slow bike like the dtr fulfils the bike craving. I've never been about speed, just the rush of acceleration.

I quite fancy a TDR125-250 but the prices are astronomical. You running the TZR gearing aswell? Was a Kawasai H2 at a bike meet the other night. That thing shifted haha.

Day

Yeah, wasn't too impressed with the TZR gearing so I will be switching back to a standard DTR box.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t4iepv0l1Q

For a DTR it is fairly quick, but I've ridden quicker. But, with me having a license, if I wanted something savage I would go out and buy one. It was just a fun project, nothing too serious.

So I hear, the TDR 250 is one THE BEST handling bikes ever made. There is a guy on the forum I moderate who absolutely swears by it. He has had many many bikes, maybe in the hundreds, mostly DT's, but he swears that he will never sell his TDR 250.

So by the sounds of things, a Bike worth having. And the 250's are getting dearer and dearer and will become a classic bike. So it's a sound investment.

Never seen, from a quick google search, what A BEAST!

Edited by Calum122

I had a Yamaha YZF R125 4 stroke when i was 17 and it was great fun always regretted getting rid of it to this very day and im looking at buying another for the summer it's great to get to work on sips fuel cheap to insure and cheap to tax, was away looking at the brand new one the other day nice piece of kit with it's ABS and upside down forks but i prefer the older ones styling. A 125 is definetley something to consider, happily sits at 70 on the dual carrigeway and it was mega reliable left me at 24k miles running like a dream!

ADEE32E4-8C0C-437B-8008-3782E97C38DE_zps