• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thats me up shit creek cause i dont have nails hahaha,i have wd-40 so i guess im taking a trip to town for an ice scraper lmao....cheers :D

haha, hmm. Well just be careful not to angle it too much and just take thin layers of gloop off at a time. It's what I did anyways. :)

Edited by Willow

how the hell do u get the "gloopy crap" off the doors where the plastic strips were on the outside of the car???? i have some propper old granny ones and i want them off lol.i got as far as taking them off but now cant get the glue and sponge stuff off lmao :cray:

Use a toffee wheel Mate took me 10 mins pre door:)

Use a toffee wheel Mate took me 10 mins pre door:)

I'm sure someone tried that before I messed around with all the stuff I actually did to get it off, and it just spread the gloop around a larger area and then it was more of a nightmare to get off lol. Hmmmmmm, me thinks they should have tried it for longer before watching me peel it all off by hand for hours. *cough* socks *cough*

I'm sure someone tried that before I messed around with all the stuff I actually did to get it off, and it just spread the gloop around a larger area and then it was more of a nightmare to get off lol. Hmmmmmm, me thinks they should have tried it for longer before watching me peel it all off by hand for hours. *cough* socks *cough*

Sounds like you had a nightmare lol, white spirits works as well:) but at least it's off:D you'll notice lovely door dents soon. Mine has loads it's well annoying

my choice of wepon was a plastic tyre lever for a push bike,wd-40 and a rag haha,its doin the job though,ill keep on at it and put a blog up later :)

Yay :) at least it's coming off.

Did the first step of sticker bombing the pillars today. I cut out a rough shape from the wrap and hairdryer-ed it to within an inch of it's life to force it around the difficult bits, then once it was all smooth, I cut off any excess bits from around the back. I also cut out some individual stickers from the sheet and stuck those on too.

I've got some Borderlands stickers arriving soon, and the plan is to layer those on top and then cover it with a clear vinyl. But we'll see...it might not look right. Ther Borderlands stickers were kinda pricey though so I didn't want to layer them up to cover the whole thing, hence why I got the wrap as a first layer. Anyways, either way, I like how they look currently :) Haven't put them back in the car, but I held it up to get an idea of how it will look.

e1da9c7f-80e6-46cf-9004-a663a7040ab8_zps

56cf36c7-ad4c-4503-b1bd-5d91229236d4_zps

6c90901a-5a6f-4a55-bdae-dca764aa482c_zps

:)

Couple things - Borderlands stickers STILL haven't arrived so I put the pillars sort of back in place for now:

IMG_9349_zpsujwtxp9z.jpg

IMG_9350_zpsjvivmrxw.jpg

Sanded these bits down for spraying...

IMG_9307_zpsy8r7jzsk.jpg

IMG_9305_zps6docimri.jpg

Finished result:

IMG_9339_zps6kddbtgy.jpg

b7ff298f-e8d3-49ac-a206-13a10fa829dd_zps

So, the purple didn't work out so well. It looks a lot better in the photo than in real life...and it doesn't even look good in the photo! Colour is fine. Texture was annoying and (as I was told it would be but chose to ignore *cough* oops *cough*) it scratched really easily (i.e. I messed it up getting it back in place), so I decided to peel it off, but in the process of doing that, thought it looked kinda cool, and so then I drew a bunch of Borderlands stuff on it in permanent marker. It's probably not going to stay like this forever, but it's better than just the sanded down finish...

IMG_9356_zpsju66ckzq.jpg

IMG_9354_zpscbfm1lso.jpg

Oh, and I took all the interior stuff out (with minimal help, yay!) to get to the gear..thingy. And I made a new one. Again, not permanent, I just wanted to see how easy it would be and how well it would work. Turns out, pretty easy, and pretty well. :) I like it, don't get me wrong, it's just a bit too girly to stay. I'll probably get some purple fabric and maybe some fabric spray paint and make some Borderlands stencils.

IMG_9358_zpspehkwju9.jpg

:)

Edited by Willow

Whos that gimp on your instagram. Commentin on every photo "enjoy your weekend willow" lol..

A friend from Canada. He's Autistic, among other difficulties. He's repetitive but he means well :)

Okay so door cards. Got the ones that match all the darker bits I already switched:

IMG_9448_zpsqop4cf7a.jpg

One was broken so I had to figure out how to mend that to start with...

IMG_9450_zpsvrizpasj.jpg

And being the arts and craft type...I made papier mâché XD

IMG_9451_zps23fl0ugy.jpg

Which worked surprisingly well, that stuff is like concrete :D

IMG_9540_zpsq2amrj2n.jpg

Looks a mess but it's not broken anymore haha. Sanded it down a bit as well so it's smooth.

IMG_9541_zpslzu6dsqf.jpg

And I detached all the parts around the material:

IMG_9449_zpsbkaw7mcx.jpg

I've got some material coming, which I'm going to stencil with Borderlands stuff...and then recover, and somehow reattach the leather stuff parts..back to it, not sure how. But it's too late to go back now haha!

OH and look what finally came...

IMG_9539_zpseo9vxage.jpg

Borderlands stickers!!! Need to take off and sand down (#funtimes) the other pillars. The erm. B and C ones?... XD and I think I'll have enough here to do one pair, the other pair will have to be the JDM sticker bombing sheets like the A ones were.

So that's where I'm at. Oh and I ordered some vinyl stickers for the rear windscreen. Probably too many. :) #stickerwhore

Good updates:) personally I think loads of stickers look tatty. But its your car! All to our own. Can't wait to hear more! :D

Tatty...hmm. You misspelled creative XD :p Nah I know it can, but I'm hoping I'll manage to have it look okay. Can always take them off if not. :)