Aaron's white 96 glanza (2/10/15)

So time I finally got around to a progress thread.

I've owned this glanza for awhile now, have wanted to do a progress thread but the bad weather during the winter months has stopped me. But that the weather is getting better I've started doing work to it. I drive a seat ibiza as my daily and I've already put a good amount of money into it so it's now time to get started on my glanza. Here's some pics of it below.

Quick spec list

Tein HR coilovers

HKS super sqv dump valve

rays engineering wheels

decat exhaust with cobra sports back box

plug and play ecu

Blitz turbo timer

Gh69zhll.jpg

OmByiNUl.jpg

d7Qq9F6l.jpg

mGY7mD0l.jpg

I'll try and keep the thread updated every time I get something new done on it :)

Edited by Aaronb93

Thanks guys the parcel shelf is just a rising sun flag I got of ebay. It dose add a nice touch to it.

I've been really busy with the car over the weekend. I changed the door card fabric to black seude fabric and the center console in the dash.

iDOmLzZl.jpg

WTF3nAHl.jpg

9eKtp7Fl.jpg

jMiug4zl.jpg

ZLpyoDll.jpg

rRqjqa0l.jpg

The door cards took me nearly 3 hours alone to replace the fabric. Then the center console was a pain to get right but I'm really liking how it looks now. Just need a set of bride seats but that's on my shopping cart :p

Edited by Aaronb93

Thanks adzy :)

So I took my side skirts off today because they needed some attention and got them sanded down

Side skirts off and the sills are in good condition.

ec421125-4f17-4779-a797-0dad1d56cb47_zps

skirts all sanded down and one has a few cracks that needed attention

2015-05-04%2013.58.17%201_zpsu1pl6ebn.jp

2015-05-04%2013.58.30%201_zpsbljjg3si.jp

a bit off bodyfiller was used to sort this out.

2015-05-05%2019.45.49_zpsxdxcjann.jpg

2015-05-05%2019.46.28_zpsgqp6cl37.jpg

That's all the filling done so the next thing for me to do is to get it primed then get the skirts round to a body shop and get them to spray it.

I have a few cans of rattle 404 white from halfords but I'll give that a pass. wanting a more better quality finish.

Also should I use a filler primer rather than normal primer?

Edited by Aaronb93
  • 2 weeks later...

So quick update. I took the strut brace off and stripped the old paint off with a wire disc grinder and sprayed it metallic purple.

Also ordered some purple hose lines so I should have them next week. Going to order a purple oil catch can too and some other stuff to dress the engine up abit.

2015-05-16%2016.43.50_zpszndtt2ou.jpg

2015-05-16%2019.44.33_zpsdivckyut.jpg

2015-05-16%2019.44.17_zpsodenfgmq.jpg

I took the rocker cover off today and started getting the red paint off. I'm wanting to get it polished. still not finished getting the paint off.

2015-05-16%2019.45.31_zpswvlctaqn.jpg

I'm debating wether to polish my rocker cover or paint it red and then just sand the Toyota and the lines back to metal. Mine isn't painted atm so polishing would be handy.

Looking well, I was going to go for a purple bay but decided to go red in the end

I'm debating wether to polish my rocker cover or paint it red and then just sand the Toyota and the lines back to metal. Mine isn't painted atm so polishing would be handy.

Looking well, I was going to go for a purple bay but decided to go red in the end

I was going to go with red when I got my glanza but purple is abit different. Polished covers look super clean and fresh looking to me. red looks super clean too mate.

Loving the centre console. Summit different no one else has done. Quality

Thanks man. was a proper pain to get the fabric to fit smoothly with the console. but it dose look well.

Looks great man!! Use high build primer on the skirts if you havnt already about 4 to 5 coats :)

I used just regular grey primer in a rattle can but there ready for the proper base coat now. That's getting done professionally

New updates for my glanza.

I purchased some indiglo dials from socks, the level of service, quick dispatch was top notch really pleased :) I just need to connect them to a power source in the car now, try and get my hands on a solder kit.

33bf4e16-e5d6-4198-84d8-5da4f2e27e16_zps

2015-05-212000.10.19_zps09k76usa.jpg

A lot of bits and dress up parts arrived too but I'm still waiting on my oil catch can which shouldn't be too long.

I also took my rocker cover into work and got it glass blasted by my boss, he did a brilliant job with it. (Benefits of working for a aluminium car part company) :D

2015-05-21%2000.11.28_zpsivnybksc.jpg

2015-05-21%2000.12.17_zpspipyqlrj.jpg

Enough to keep me busy this weekend :)

Looks great! Where do you work? We have a vapour blaster in work but they'd have a fit if I used it on car parts lol.

Also did you remove the needles to fit the dials? I have new dials here just don't know what way to go about it :/

Looks great! Where do you work? We have a vapour blaster in work but they'd have a fit if I used it on car parts lol.

Also did you remove the needles to fit the dials? I have new dials here just don't know what way to go about it :/

I work for a big japanese firm in carrickfergus called Ryobi aluminium castings. We make car parts like engine blocks, transmission cases for all the major car brands like ford, peugeot ect. lol think most places have a fit when ever you do a homer in work.

No mate do not remove the needles I simply placed the new dials over the old ones then screwed them in place. The needles are really delicate. What dials you get? :)

I thought it sounded like ryobi or montupet.

Did you just slide them up the needle then? It's the temp/fuel one that's worrying me atm

Got some of that polish company moman

I thought it sounded like ryobi or montupet.

Did you just slide them up the needle then? It's the temp/fuel one that's worrying me atm

Got some of that polish company moman

Yeah you take the screws off then slide them up the needle. With the temp/fuel dial you just need to bend the new dial ever so slightly then it should just go on.

It took me like 15 mins to put them on then find a nice place to tidy your wires up.

So I decided to make myself busy over the weekend and today after I finished work. It's not something most people would be fussed over but I decided to spray and tidy up the boot area of the glanza.

I had to strip all the trim out in the rear. It also gave me a good excuse to try my new electric impact gun :D

2015-05-23%2018.42.41_zpsee1pcyr0.jpg

this was annoying me so I had to sort it out

2015-05-24%2015.37.48_zps9hmsngmk.jpg

2015-05-24%2015.38.14_zpsdjp2d85a.jpg

2015-05-24%2016.36.22_zpsknyj2avg.jpg

Got stuck into it with the grinder but I didn't release that there was rubber under certain area's of the paint :wacko:

2015-05-24%2017.17.04_zpsi4dxeswl.jpg

All primed with anti rust primer

2015-05-24%2018.04.50_zpswsf8tnfm.jpg

Done at last 8)

2015-05-25%2017.37.48_zpsw8jnv4hs.jpg

A strut brace in the back might finish it off nicely now