Are you compound charging? If so big turbo feeding smaller turbo ;) how are the turbo turbines set up? Is it one exhaust housing feeding another or are you running twin down pipes with independent feeds from the manifold?

flaming sam 2x ct9s it works BUT on low rpm nr2 is stalling the other 1 if you get me

the 1 on the stock mani spools like stock , spooling the other 1 but nr1 is producing more boost before nr2 so the pressure feeding in nr1 from nr2 is lower so stals again because nr1 feed is to hard for nr2 feed to feed in to so also stalling nr1 again ( at lower rpm ) under 3500rpm

but higher up the revs they work in sinq and go like stink like a tdo5 ( can compare my old 5e tdo5 ) 3rd and 4th gears bounce of the limiter in seconds :) :) but undriveable under it ( shit boooost )

this is a ct9a ( block side and a ct9b ( rad sid ) on stock actuators with 1 nipple venting to air so 11/12 psi each ?

for the guys that didnt see my thread ??? here she is

Photo0331_zpsfvskbwxv.jpg

i want to get this to work properly guys because i think it will beat a tdo4 :) :) atleast thats what it feels like so much torque , and im not on about the forged boys you guys are in a different league altogether !!!

mikey it runs in my blood ha ha :p:p:p

If you did run a massive gate to compensate you'd be getting boost spikes all over the place aswell, and it'll make solid boost control a pig.

Run two smaller gates like mentioned.

yes shaun full flow from nr1 exhaust side , feeds nr2 they both get the same 1300cc of hot air flow

pitty it wont work with 1 gate going to be a while before i have 2 ha ha might aswell change the boost side feed to then feed 1 tru the other on the compressor side it wont be able to stall then ?? i think ??

Now I've seen it Colin I understand how it's set up. Due to the first turbo getting the exhaust gasses first it is causing the second turbo to surge. You may be better off feeding the two turbo's from two runners each. A bit like how a rb26 runs two t28's. So turbo 1 on cylinder 1/2 and turbo 2 off 3/4? That way equal amounts of air will be flowed to both turbines. Failing that I don't see how you will get the turbos to spool up together?

Failing that you can do the same on the inlet sides of the turbo, so the outlet of turbo 1 feeds turbo 2 inlet then turbo 2 outlet feeds the intercooler/engine? That way they won't be fighting each other 😉

controlling the set up that way would be extremely hard one is always going to be working more than the other but to stop them fighting each other best fix would be 2 1 way valves

Try compound charging the two inlet sides then possibly? They won't fight each other then

C3EE87B9-7F72-4056-A432-462C6EAF3FF1.gif

ya exhaust feeds exhaust intake of nr2 on this to :) like mine i just have to change my setup on the intake like this then

is nr 2 controlling al the boost looks like it to me ???

i WOULD LOVE to see the other side how the boost is controlled on them 2 ha ha

Edited by 5e colin