Apexi Power Fc Throttle Position Sensor Issue

Hi Guys,

Some time ago i bought a Power FC, It's only now that were getting around to fitting and mapping the unit. We are running into an issue with the throttle position sensor. The sensor is showing 1.2volts on the hand commander and will not change from 1.2volts regardless of throttle position (opening or closing throttle). You'd imagine the sensor is buggered but we changed the sensor and are still have the same issue. Wiring going to the sensor appears to be fine also.

Has anyone encountered a problem like this before? Any help greatly appreciated!!

Pete

But by standard do you mean standard manual or standard auto?

The standard manual is just an on off switch where as the standard auto is variable and makes life a lot easier when trying to fund the correct throttle position

Trisk, yes to a degree you are correct and it will run and I probably should have elaborated. With a variable unit you have better tunability for instances where there are low vac signals ie transitioning between vac and positive pressure. For example, in a NA application (yes I know this might not be the case here) when there is low vac it can be very difficult to tune effectively using map alone. This can depend on the ecu and its rpm/load resolution - Its been so long since Ive used an FC but I don't recall the load zones being able to be adjusted. Another example is for engines with quad throttles or cams with big overlap where the engine may operate at with low map readings across quite a range of rpm/load, and this is where the TPS is used. In more modern ecus with selectable tuning modes, Alpha-N (TPS loading) or mixed mode tuning (map and tps) can give much much better tunabilty. The FC is an old unit now and from memory doesn't have this capability.

Edited by Stu