• 1 month later...
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Done 200 trouble free miles this weekend to silverstone for trax. Had complete faith in it making there and back which is more than i ever had in the glanza.

Sitting at 70mph on the motorway the turbo is itching to boost, think a ct9 is bad this was ten times worse.

Pic with me mate in his evo 4 Nd evo 8 just in the picture

Was suprised by trax, depsite the endless numbers of astra vxrs and polos etc it had a lot more variety than any of the japfests. Also drifiti g and tracktime was alot better

CCA40872-75E7-45DA-8455-7A70DDC23395_zps

Hahaha mate i can't fault the thing. Goes awesome, handles amazing even with poor tyres and some bushes that are getting on and still as good as you could expect on fuel. Went up against a r33 gtst earlier and was gapping it. People will hate me for this but wish i found one earlier! Track time soon this year

Thats the b18 turbo one i think... Ultimate shame on anyone who engine converts these!!

Cheers bud i love it

Thats the b18 turbo one i think... Ultimate shame on anyone who engine converts these!!

Cheers bud i love it

I need to dick up photos of one which was local to me! Made me sick. Was just a b16 conversion. Pigeon shit welds on everything including engine mounts which were made of crap metal. The engine wouldnt fit how it did it do he cut a U shape in the bonnet and welded to plates in to make a stupid looking vent.

the thing was a death trap.

Done 200 trouble free miles this weekend to silverstone for trax. Had complete faith in it making there and back which is more than i ever had in the glanza.

Sitting at 70mph on the motorway the turbo is itching to boost, think a ct9 is bad this was ten times worse.

I know that feeling! Mate has a 660cc turbo avanzato and when he was on the standard turbo the thing was in boost almost everywhere. When we took the turbo off we found that it was the size of a coke can.

It doesn't get redlined often,but at the end of the day its not a garage queen and deserves to be driven how it was intended! Has a recent rebuild and have faith in it. Bottom end failure can happen to any car!

• 2 weeks later...

3B0AB50B-4867-4004-BE04-719E7687EF5E_zps

Just bought these, also found out golf mk2 coilovers fit on the front and corsa b fronts on the rear. So they are ordered too. Hopefully have it all on ready for retro rides and get on the hill climb!

They are £320 plus the shipping from the US. This is a kit for a honda civic but is easily modified to fit the charade. Obviously there is no off the shelf kits!

Pretty cheap and sure more than enough to stop such a little car as they are 4pots. Worked out only a tad more than new disks, pads, caliper rebuild and paint on the standard brakes so was a win win

Edited by Ollieh17
  • 2 weeks later...

Photo of the gtti at japfest 2, one of two there. The other having a b18 turbo engine.

F1B403D6-55DD-414F-82FB-51B28683197A_zps

Also wilwood brake kit came today so got some time to sort everything out ready for retro rides. Hopefully be able to get on the hillclimb

44058F99-2BF4-4EC9-950A-0A1C025415AF_zps