Anyone running D2 coilovers?

I recently bought my first EP82 last week which came with D2 coilovers, and the ride is stupidly uncomfortable, I've adjusted the damper settings and it's still more or less Un bareable. It keeps knocking my window off of its runners and sends the lights in my boost gauges haywire. Is this just the natural ride for them? What coilovers are you running?

are the roads not very good where you live? I have d2 coil overs and they are uncomfortable but mine don't knock my window out of its runner I've never heard of them doing that lol no coil overs are made for comfort but they should not be as bad as that. maybe take it a bit easier when you are on a rubbish road surface

I run d2's and try are a really harsh ride. Thing is mine is stripped out so the spring rates are too high now. Charl runs d2's on her advance and it rides 100% better than mine ever has. Hers still has full interior etc.

I had a similar problem with mine when I first got it turned out who ever fitted them had tighter the bottom spring retainers up really tight towards the top mount giving my spring n damper practically no movement what so ever. So a days tinkering and set them all up properly gave them a much better feel and it also drastically reduced the amount of understeer I was getting. Before hitting roundabouts at 30-40mph was near on impossible.

Edited by Ep82gi

Yeah I haven't had a chance to put the car on stands yet to have a look, but just wanted to see if anyone else had the same sort of problems with them. Can't be bothered for the hassle of buying more just for the sake of it, so will take them off and re install and have a tinker about. Thank you all for the replies!

D2's do seem to be really bad on starlets. Bc/meister do seem to be better but id still say they are both a bit much for normal roads.

They just dont seem set right for the weight of the car, i have Bc's on my starlet and corolla and the corolla is a much better ride even with the dampening set harder than the starlet.

Both cars run the same spring rate as well so id be tempted to run 5/3 rather than the 6/4 bc's come with. Thats if it was my daily anyway

Get comfortable seats to iron out the bumps in the road, I have d2s, stripped out rear and lightweight panels and it just depends what you want from the car but I felt that seats made it alot better :-)

Rob.