Hey guys best I start this before I forget. I've owned the car for just over a year now (only been driving for about 3months, first car style)

Some of you might know me n some may not I use to work over at TM-Developments with Dave and Darren Burwash both of them taught me everything I know. Now it's down to me to remember as much as I can. This is the second GI I have owned the first one when I was 17-18 which I fully rebuilt and brought back to life. Unfortunately I had to sell it as I couldn't afford it at the time and it would of cost me nearly 4k to insure it so I bought a bike instead. (Worst idea ever)

This GI I own now took me 3 years to find and when I found it I had to have it as I knew I had a slim chance at finding another. So after some scraping around I got the funds together and went to view the car. When I got there I was it sitting there on some horrible green wheels n I walked around it and all I was doing was thinking this needs doing. This needs doing ect ect. The list was endless. the wheels were horrid and bits and bobs had been painted a dark purple witch was awful. And a bad job I must say. So due to not having a licence I begin saving for bits and bobs that were in my budget at the time nothing major I struck lucky with a few bits I found when taking the car to bits of I'm honest.

So the car is a starlet GI full GT spec just no turbo

Electric window

Electric mirrors

A/c (removed)

Now it should be the 100ps engine that in there but I'm sure it's had an engine change so would be nice if some one could point out and obvious way to find this out.

The car has.

Full custom 4-1 exhaust manifold

(Made from an ae11 manifold I think)

Custom Straight through exhaust

A stupid 5" back box. (Needs to go)

D2 coilovers (need a passenger side front top mount)

Front and rear strut braces.

Drilled and groves front discs with red stuff pads

K&N air filter. (It's seen better days)

Currently going through a clutch change so I thought I'd use the time to take some pictures.

This is how she come.5c36ed406e4f2cb3d47f2bba87135758.jpg77a76b20eb43c45088e7c4b2359bccdf.jpg

This is pritty much how she sits now.

58a5bb4523b61a585f617eb5529a329c.jpgf3ed460ff25acfbab5c93c0a2daf0bfc.jpg9a26e31ed7633f4c3c4dbeccbb9f015b.jpg

(That horrible purple struts brace is no more)

6735bcfca45d2a50b6e40df7c284e4b1.jpg

(Nooooo I didn't weld that)

Here is a few bits I've been working on with some free time.

5c0871d14cb1bd320d7fe21756e60710.jpg4aead79c2a53df9d29774f4bab72d66a.jpge4a8d130f70c8c8a18277ceb6e5baf72.jpgfaeb9c2fd1b9be0384180d321b410d76.jpg29543a4c5318859df35316f773219d64.jpg

Not a clue what make this is but I can bend it with both hands so I'll be changing it but it will do for now. 1326c36334f0451c96015f855bf53a88.jpg

All comments n views welcome

Thanks

Liam

Edited by Ep82gi
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got standard manifold and ct9. If needed?

Thank you buddy I'll keep it in mind funds are a little tight right now so I'll drop you a pm when I'm on my feet if that's okay.

Thanks

Liam

for now try doing it al oem diy on the cheapo then over time you can start upgrading dont start buying fancy ct9 stuf it aint worth it if you do plan on buying them then go tdo4 at 1s >> at a later stage u just fit 4efte pistons no biggy can be done with engine in the car

for now try doing it al  oem diy on the cheapo then over time you can start upgrading dont start buying fancy ct9 stuf it aint worth it  if you do plan on buying them then go tdo4 at 1s  >> at a later stage u just fit 4efte pistons  no biggy can be done with engine in the car 

Yeah that's what I'm doing today buddy just sticking a clutch in her n sorting out a few bits probably finish the Airbox fitment n what not. Just using a few bits I managed to stockpile

Yeah well to be honest I wanted to stay 4e-fe n see if I can reach the 10k rpm limit. I spoke to a close friend who has built a hell of a lot of these engine a few of witch are on here n thinks I would be safer at about 9.5k but that sounds good enough for me. The only thing he said was to bare in mind the 4e head was never designed to flow well as a n/a.

Liam

stock rods cant handle that kid   not with the gi rods affaik  8 is about the max i personally would go 

It want be running stock rod or Pistons buddy it will all be super high compression on custom pistons and PEC rods my biggest worry is the crank and valve train

Liam

• 3 weeks later...

Little update.

Soooo not much has happened really due to a lack of money but I did have a raid of my shed to see what I had laying from old projects and what not and found a few bits to give me an idea or two

So the first one was stick the battery in the boot. Using an old amp wiring kit I found laying around and the original bracket from the bay. And she's not going anywhere. Posted Image

Sorry about the quality it was quite dark.

Next up I found a few Odds n sods from old intercooler kits laying around so a session with the grinder and my custom airbox was on its way in along with a catch can I had laying around to :)

Sorry about the shoddy job it's just a rest fit for now the real this should look a lot better but this thing works soooo well. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Thanks for checking it out. Let me know what you think. I like ideas if you have any :)

Cheeky bump. :) I'm joking just to say this kit has changed the car so much I have 0 trouble making a easy task of my buddy's 1.7 puma lumped fiesta and killing my brother civic. Love this so much Posted ImagePosted Image

getting there :) 

Thanks Colin indeed she is there's so much that needs doing its insane but it will all be worth it right now I'm going from job to job it's a joke I need a full time thing really. :(

Looks clean liam..

Hows stuff going, been ages man..

Thanks jay.

All is well thanks man apart from not having a job to wake up to so the Ep isn't getting as much love as she's needs. I would offer out work for eps in the essex area but I don't want to tread on anyone's toes.

How are things with you dude? How's the car coming along?

Love this sooooo much. Think u should have stuck with the green rims tho....meh  :p

Ahah thanks dude I love the car but couldn't deal with the green as it was such a bad job. But I will be getting something to set it off hopefully :)