• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liking the sound of that! Yeah thats exactly it, in N/a form hopefully they should take it a bit better haha.

Any plans for lightweight fly, 6 speed box, LSD anything like that?

Well there's a long list of things I have planned but it's putting the plans into action.

I'm aiming for a few bits kaz diff in a turbo box with Trd final drive set I've driven an Na with the Trd closer gear sets before and my word it changed the car completely. I will be going fte fly and clutch lighted and balanced knife edged crack and I'm looking into getting the whole bottom end balanced as one i.e crack, rods, pistons, flywheel and crank n see how much we can lose. Then I'm going to see if I can over size the valves by 1mm and go for cruise Vale springs and some custom valves but getting them to my spec (titanium, or forge) it stupidly hard. My list is endless to be fair buddy but I want it to be remembered :)

nothing beats a hight compression screamer engine >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> with a big fat turbo bolted to it :) :) 

Haha that is very true but I think I'll wait until I can afford an ep85 before j start playing with turbo kits and what not. :(

Well there's a long list of things I have planned but it's putting the plans into action.

I'm aiming for a few bits kaz diff in a turbo box with Trd final drive set I've driven an Na with the Trd closer gear sets before and my word it changed the car completely. I will be going fte fly and clutch lighted and balanced knife edged crack and I'm looking into getting the whole bottom end balanced as one i.e crack, rods, pistons, flywheel and crank n see how much we can lose. Then I'm going to see if I can over size the valves by 1mm and go for cruise Vale springs and some custom valves but getting them to my spec (titanium, or forge) it stupidly hard. My list is endless to be fair buddy but I want it to be remembered :)

Plans sound awesome bud, probably be one of the most 4E far out N/a builds if you go to that extent! 8)

Haha that is very true but I think I'll wait until I can afford an ep85 before j start playing with turbo kits and what not. :(

EP85 turbo is the way to go.. :D

Plans sound awesome bud, probably be one of the most 4E far out N/a builds if you go to that extent! 8)

Well that is my aim but we can see were I end up I'll be keeping her for many years. :)

EP85 turbo is the way to go.. :D

indeed so I can't wait to get my hand on one :)

Car looks great bro. Always liked everything black starlets. by the way what is the name of the front bumper lip you have there?. I've been looking for it for a while and can't seem to find it.

Thanks buddy.

And like Johnboy gt said its from a Laguna. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Any updates mate? Proper love this!

Ahhh thanks man that made my day a lot better :) nothing's really happening with the car if I'm honest I've got a wheel stuck on due to cheap alloy wheel nuts so now I'm looking for a way to solve the problem. Any help would be great. I'm thinking about taking off the front hub with wheel calipers and disc all in place and getting the studs pressed out. :(Posted Image

Ouch man! Just keep doing what youre doing dude, hammer / chisel / drill the fuckers off!

Also take the other two nuts off, get that wheel off the ground and hit the back of the tyre hard as you can with a hammer, will help shake them loose a little bit.

Ouch man! Just keep doing what youre doing dude, hammer / chisel / drill the fuckers off!

Also take the other two nuts off, get that wheel off the ground and hit the back of the tyre hard as you can with a hammer, will help shake them loose a little bit.

Thanks dude that's a trick I have yet to try I'll give it a go when I get a chance. Rely hoping to make it to santapod this weekend but the cars not in the best of shape to be honest haha it will all be sorted soon(ish) :)

Try shocking the nuts with a decent sized punch and hammer before slackening them.

John

I did to start with buddy trouble is when I first got her on the road the very first place I went was to get some tyres fitted and he done the wheel nuts up with some mental air gun thought nothing of it for a few weeks then had a slight noise from the brakes one evening so went to strip that side off and boom no more wheel nuts there's nothing left of the nuts to get on to to turn it. Really annoying. Now I've I'm honest I'll be rolling into jap show with this annoying sqweek/grinding. And my lower door plastics hanging of because I'm trying to source the correct fasteners. Not a good look

Edited by Ep82gi

great little project ive just done a soleil engine and loom conversion on a 2e-e starlet I spotted your exhaust I was going to this but found a soleil exhaust by luck

keep up the good work not many gi starlets or soleil ones left

great little project ive just done a soleil engine and loom conversion on a 2e-e starlet I spotted your exhaust I was going to this but found a soleil exhaust by luck

keep up the good work not many gi starlets or soleil ones left

Sweet dude how can I find your thread? I'd love to see it :) to be honest buddy my exhaust is a peace of crap. It it sounds awful. Probably the worst sounding car on the planet. I'll have to upload a video. Ideally I'd like to make a custom set up but unfortunately funds don't allow it :( but that shouldn't stop me from doing a crap mock up to begin with.
  • 4 weeks later...