My blue glanza WAS my pride and joy. Running 227bhp td04 at 0.9bar. Drove like an absolute dream. Bodywork was horrendous but none the less it was what I worked for. That was until a drunken driver wrote it off one bank holiday weekend.

To put a long story short, she sped through a red light at 45mph to plough straight into the front of my car which was at the time stationary in the middle of a junction waiting to turn right.

The girl was hysterical and begged us not to call the police; as soon as we did, she drove off.

Police 5 mins later got her at her house which was 30 seconds away from the scene of the accident.

To my surprise she blew over three times the legal limit. I was furious. My absolute pride and joy was written off because of a drunken idiot. She hit me that hard that the passenger side chassi leg is bent 90degrees, when you open the drivers door it drops, the whole car is now twisted but I was so happy to see my freshly painted alloys were untouched!!! The glanza took the hot really well considering her speed. Police were amazing, I couldn't fault them. However because she got breathalysed at home, she used that opportunity to say that is when she racked up a load of shots because she was "shook up."

Because of the situation the police have had to send off for the timings of the accident as well as the score she blew on the breathalyser. I am STILL awaiting on results.

Moving on, I decided not to claim off my own insurance as I do not want to lose my no claims. My solicitors are fighting against her insurance and I won't stop until they admit fault. The car has been inspected by her insurance and I have been offered a generous amount however her insurance are DENYING FAULT as being drunk is only a "small part of the claim."

I decided to take things into my own hands and buy a shell. As my engine, gearbox and turbo kit are in too good a condition to sell on.

I've put myself into a tight money situation to buy a full running glanza. Sold all the bits I needed to and then start transferring my engine over aswel as the gearbox, turbo, emanage blue, wheels, breaks, interior, facelift lights, steering wheel etc etc.

Within 2 weeks this is the outcome in pictures.

1C88535E-9696-4E15-83BB-B6176951AF38_zps

99D8F4AC-8376-4FC6-B58E-30D05C3C23A4_zps

4FB72387-E371-4DD1-B582-44E22208F148_zps

3F6E437F-F5E8-46B8-B770-5001FAED3140_zps

684EC610-E9E2-4C32-BB47-8B2E9504B61D_zps

3D5ADB1A-E4D5-479E-98C2-AEA65BCD961A_zps

EB86889C-ED06-4FC1-BA83-2D272C793CD2_zps

BD01298B-3012-4BA2-AB58-87064C603E42_zps

901D4779-A0E4-4728-A56B-E9FC5C786850_zps

DFFE782E-63F9-4942-AC94-1A63A3F7CBD5_zps

FF1A037B-128A-4AEE-AAED-EDAD643C35F5_zps

88B8BD5A-A21D-40C4-9711-31E36862D15C_zps

No expense spared on this car. The wings needed a lot of prep work to make fit however they fit perfectly now.

I haven't driven since but I am excited to get this one on the road.

It is still unfinished, we need to finish wrapping it in blue, bleed the brakes and fit the headlights :)

Hopefully in the end it will all be worth the stress and pain I've been through!

I will add more pics as the build comes along.

Edited by Xchloexxxx
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope you get a good payout very soon, looking forward to seeing this new glanza all finished & where do you go for the car wrapping, how much does it cost for full car?

Already designed a new btcc inspired cage for it..

As ive just got t45 2 inch circumference piping cheap..

Be a waste not to use it..lol..

Tbh ive givv

En myself 4 weeks to strip this shell once im fully fit..

Store good bits in my garage.. then build new shell up over winter and upto summer next year

Hope you get a good payout very soon, looking forward to seeing this new glanza all finished & where do you go for the car wrapping, how much does it cost for full car?

Luckily I have very good contacts ;) I've bought the best of the best vinyl wrap, to wrap a glanza including materials in a standard gloss or matte colour you'd be looking at around £750. It withstands stone chips and fools everyone into thinking it's a paint job. Unbelievably happy with the colour! Dave does this at his unit in Preston near Manchester :)

Already designed a new btcc inspired cage for it..

As ive just got t45 2 inch circumference piping cheap..

Be a waste not to use it..lol..

Tbh ive givv

En myself 4 weeks to strip this shell once im fully fit..

Store good bits in my garage.. then build new shell up over winter and upto summer next year

I'm so happy you've started planning already. I can't wait to see it! Make sure you get a build thread up once you're well again!

Luckily I have very good contacts ;) I've bought the best of the best vinyl wrap, to wrap a glanza including materials in a standard gloss or matte colour you'd be looking at around £750. It withstands stone chips and fools everyone into thinking it's a paint job. Unbelievably happy with the colour! Dave does this at his unit in Preston near Manchester :)

cool this is something I might get done with mine, I fancy it being red, you don't seem to see them in red anymore, this is my second 1ao silver v & I'm bored of the colour.:-)