Not sure if this is the right section sorry if its not feel free to move it, Basically I've got a mate selling one, I know what they doo, means I can flat shift an gives some sort of launch control, has anyone fitted one to there starlet, does it give any improved performance, as I know a lot of people just use em too make Loud bangs wich I'm not too fused about, any advice much appreciated cheers

I don't think our engines can handle antilag even if its forged. you will need to make custom modifications to the block i.e custom crank gurdle, billet main caps etc

Doubt it would be of any real use, be fun to pop flames at zebra crossings but thats about it haha.

Flat shifting with a starlet box is gonna kill it within 5mins, and its a dead cert a rod will shoot out the block aswell.

"and its a dead cert a rod will shoot out the block aswell.

Why ?, have you tested flatshit ?

Never ment the engine would shoot a rod directly from flat shifting.

But start wiring in antilag to a standard lump and it wont last long, FTEs are chocolate.

I'm intrigued, what is this device? Can you post up a Link? Genuinely interested in finding out how they work

I've run antilag on heaps of 4e's over the years with no issues but its all been from the aftermarket ecu and not a piggy back device.

I'm intrigued, what is this device? Can you post up a Link? Genuinely interested in finding out how they work

I've run antilag on heaps of 4e's over the years with no issues but its all been from the aftermarket ecu and not a piggy back device.

Its an ignition cut 2step thing, dont even think starlets can run it unless they are COP converted.

Yeah it's a cut off ignition + wot shifting. This actually worked really well in a friend's car thou that was a 1.8t VW/Audi engine. I liked it because it was on the car for a long time with no adverse effects to the engine and was used daily on the road and at the track. It was a 2 step soft ignition cut as it did not fully pull spark lead out when lauching.

You can get the ignition cut to work on the EP no problem, but for the wot shifting if i recall correctly you gone have to make a small modifcation on/beside the clutch pedal to get the electronics in the wot box to detect your flatshifting.

Quite good i think if you just want these features on your car without a standalone.

Edited by GP82