Aussie Turbo Starlet Life -> Glanza Build

Hey guys here is a few pics of my new starlet I picked up from the salvage auctions, needs a few repairs....

IMG_20150801_152733.jpg

IMG_20150801_152745.jpg

I also got another starlet that I'm going to use for parts.

IMG_20150801_152841.jpg

Specs:

97 Starlet Life

BC Racing V1 coilovers

17 inch Lenso Light S2 wheels

Glanza S body conversion

Glanza turbo motor conversion

Full interior retrim

Momo steering wheel

Rear disk brake conversion

Edited by SOG33K

Aussies always make awesome starlets

Can't imagine it with 17" wheels on though must look like a monster truck

We do know how to build a car here :thumbsup:

The 17's look pretty good on it actually, I definitely wouldn't go any bigger though.

I scored a full set of wheels for $100, only needed the one to replace the stuffed one but couldn't go wrong for that money. Just have to paint them though, he painted them purple with a brush...

Got both of the starlets to my house yesterday from my dads after doing two four and a half hour round trips. Washed them both and got the turbo one in the garage.

After looking at the damage a bit more it may not be worth fixing and I might completely strip it and build the blue one up. The blue one only has a damaged guard and door which I can swap out from the silver one.

The blue one has done less kilometres and wouldn't need much at all to get it on the road but would definitely change the colour and give it a full respray.

looks like it will be a great project basically gonna re shell the silver one into the blue one are you going to get a disc brake back axel for it or leave the drums out back

Yeah will basically be a reshell of the silver one with a few extras and then more mods once it's on the road.

The silver one already has disk brakes on the rear so a huge bonus there, also has aftermarket stabilizer bars and whiteline strut bars in the front and rear.

Heres a pic of the damage done to the silver one

IMG_20150801_152753_1.jpg

and the blue

IMG_20150801_152816.jpg

I started stripping the silver one yesterday and putting all the goodies on the blue one, stripped all the damaged bits off the blue one and gave the interior a quick clean. I think someone had spilt a pack of cereal and jelly beans in there at some stage.

IMG_20150817_110533.jpg

IMG_20150817_114146.jpg

IMG_20150817_114200.jpg

These are the seats in the silver one, they should come up nice with a clean.

IMG_20150817_114232.jpg

Pushed this dent out

IMG_20150816_120209.jpg

Its a little better but it's going to take some work to get it straight.

IMG_20150816_120252.jpg

Thanks for the comments guys!

Thinking I should get some 15 inch wheels so I can run semi slicks for some more fun :). The 17's scrub on full lock with the standard suspension so I don't think they will be any good.

• 4 weeks later...

Can't wait to get it done so trying to spend as much time as possible on it.

I've sourced a Paseo tacho dash and power mirrors that will hopefully fit, if not i'll make them haha.

Also found a Glanza rear bar and side skirts, just waiting on some more cash so I can pick them up.

I bought myself a new mig welder the other day, going to weld up the indicators and aerial holes. Going to put the indicators in the mirrors, have purchased some clear lenses from a golf so hopefully they will go in with a little modification.

• 3 weeks later...

My Paseo dash and mirrors turned up, looks like the mirrors will be a massive pain to fit and to get the indicator looking neat. Ill see how I go I might get some mirrors off something else and mod them to fit.

Progress has slowed down a little at the moment as I'm moving in a few weeks, can't wait to get back at it though and get some new pics up of the progress.

• 1 month later...

Ordered a new set of wheels for it today, the wheel shop had a 25% off sale so got them at a decent price.

Got a set of Avid AV08's 15x6.5 +35

av08_machined.jpg

and also ordered a set of Federal RSR 595 Semi Slicks.

Finally picked up the rest of the body kit

11930701_939403952797369_1684076454_n.jp

11994507_943326159071815_826817699_n.jpg

Still a little while away from paint yet, it's in storage at my old man's house which is 2 hours away. Hopefully Ill be moving closer in the next 2 weeks so I can get stuck into it.

• 2 weeks later...