Forged engine

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

depends on alot of things you can do it farly basicly for prob 4k+ but its normally the little things that add up the the biggest total. personaly id do chassis mods first get the handling and braking superb then do the engine. alot of scene kids and general wankers kicking round in high powered starlets with shite like stock brakes or almost no handling mods banging on about how fast the are when realiscily in anything other than a drag race there going to get left for dead on a decent road because as stock the starlets handle poor and stock breaks are deadly

I've tried to look for one that's got under 80k on it but I can't seem to find one! There all 100k to 120k + I'd be looking to spend 8k at a push to get one and forge it! But guess that's out the window haha

Be hard pushed to find a Glanza under 80k, i know theres gotta be a few out there but the early Glanzas are 19 year old now.

Johns one above is already forged and is £7k, whatever the mileage on the chassis is basically irrelevant because going by the pics it looks new underneath! Also with it being rebuilt with forged parts the engine mileage effectively gets reset to zero.

I'd say 7k planned could do it easy all down to research and not buying shite first time round

Sounds like a challenge haha. But yeah im with you on that it could be done for 7k starting from a standardish V. And it would nearly all have to be basic used parts.

Youd end up with a pretty shit starlet though which could only go fast in straight lines, and would spin a lot of power away before even setting off.

Youd also be at the limit of the stock ignition setup, and your gonna want a standalone to get the best out of it.

Knock up a list it all adds up :)

You can build a forged engine for 2k. Like said its everything that goes with it.

Stock ignition is fine if you know what your doing. Let's not forget hrf and cruise both run 400+ on the stock dizzy.

If you look into it a 4e rotor arm is basically the same as a 3s and there's people running 600 odd on that.

You can build a forged engine for 2k. Like said its everything that goes with it.

Stock ignition is fine if you know what your doing. Let's not forget hrf and cruise both run 400+ on the stock dizzy.

If you look into it a 4e rotor arm is basically the same as a 3s and there's people running 600 odd on that.

May aswell run a stock clutch and a set of steelies and 14" wan-kin ditchfinders if we're gonna stretch every component to 100%

Not saying the stock ignition system isnt up to the job of running 370 or whatever the fuck bhp, i know its been done before, its just better to mod ahead imo and get the problems out the way before they arise. Ie change to COP before you start blowing out the spark on the dyno..

Its pretty much a hypothetical thread anyway who gives a fuck :D

^ that's a little different lol. The thread was all about doing it to a cost.

You wouldn't run into problems, there's all of about 5 4e's over 400 bhp lol. For the average up to 350 brake that people do it's fine. Stock inlet starts restricting stuff before the ignition system will struggle but a lot of people hang on and don't change those for a long time so it's tit for tat.

Either way, I'll run cop and an inlet. Just save up and do it properly. If you're a peasant don't try and build a 300+ bhp starlet. It ain't gonna work.

Thats the problem now though always the same dreamers getting one and thinking awwww I'm gna get 350bhp but ive only got 50 quid to spend I'll see who I can bargain with.

Then they realise they cant insure them because they are 19. Same shit diff day it's getting boring now then the car gets broken and another one finds its way to the scrappy....

Thats the problem now though always the same dreamers getting one and thinking awwww I'm gna get 350bhp but ive only got 50 quid to spend I'll see who I can bargain with.

Then they realise they cant insure them because they are 19. Same shit diff day it's getting boring now then the car gets broken and another one finds its way to the scrappy....

Hear hear.

Or they blow their entire budget on JDM y0! braces and optional extras, then realise they don't have any money left to buy food and have to break the whole lot. If people only bit off what they could chew then there would be a whole lot less Starlets getting scrapped...