Forged engine

Either way, I'll run cop and an inlet. Just save up and do it properly. If you're a peasant don't try and build a 300+ bhp starlet. It ain't gonna work.

Thats good im with you on that.

Have realistic goals which match your ability and wallet size :)

Seen it a lot on here in the last few years, especially with the big builds that go to a company, the car comes out a year later at 300+ or whatever, all forged and shiney, then they panic after handing half their years wage over and its broken before the weeks out! :p

Obviously theres gotta be more to it than that and im not aiming at anyone specifically but theres a certain trend of spending 10-15k and enjoying the car for half an hour and then breaking!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol.

People I know with the sickest starlets earn not much, but the money they do earn they put to one side and don't rush.

And I don't know why you would want a 350bhp starlet unless it was for drag racing. There the most fun at like 260-280bho but it seems only a few realise that :lol:

Obviously theres gotta be more to it than that and im not aiming at anyone specifically but theres a certain trend of spending 10-15k and enjoying the car for half an hour and then breaking!

Couldn't of said it any better :lol:

Thats the problem now though always the same dreamers getting one and thinking awwww I'm gna get 350bhp but ive only got 50 quid to spend I'll see who I can bargain with.

Then they realise they cant insure them because they are 19. Same shit diff day it's getting boring now then the car gets broken and another one finds its way to the scrappy....

Clearly says I have 8k no 50 quid I thought this site was for help and people showing off there cars and no for bellends to be wide......

Clearly says I have 8k no 50 quid I thought this site was for help and people showing off there cars and no for bellends to be wide......

I'm sure it's not a dig at you personally mate, you just see it on a lot of builds in general. People on here are helpful and will give you plenty of advice when you need it :)

It sounds like you at least have a half reasonable budget in mind for what you're aiming at!

Why not aim for 250-300bhp and have a perfectly set up starlet that can deliver the power rather than to much power and spin through lovely new tires and be disappointed when a Saxo passes you because your spinning far to much!

Having read through this thread that's what I'd do with 7-8k :D

James

Engine forged with headwork - 3k

350bhp + turbo kit - 2k

Standalone and mapping - 2.5k

That's money gone already without LSD, clutch, good brakes, intercooler, fittings, good tyres, inlet exhaust and the rest.

Adds up to more than people think. Like said above it's the little things that add it up. Then you need money to insure it, drive it, fix it.

You would enjoy it a lot more of you did it over time, all part of the fun then.

Did I say I was talking about you? Simmer down son.

Edited by StuDoc 72

Why not aim for 250-300bhp and have a perfectly set up starlet that can deliver the power rather than to much power and spin through lovely new tires and be disappointed when a Saxo passes you because your spinning far to much!

Having read through this thread that's what I'd do with 7-8k :D

James

I'd be happy to aim for that tbh lad! Just want something powerful that can handle well for 7-8k? What sites are the best to look at? Gumtree is poor like

Honestly theres a couple of ready built forged starlets already making that power and completely set up for sale on the section on here.

Johns to be more specific might be asking 7k but theres a reason for that. Would cost you double to build it.

Honestly theres a couple of ready built forged starlets already making that power and completely set up for sale on the section on here.

Johns to be more specific might be asking 7k but theres a reason for that. Would cost you double to build it.

Aye his is a beast like! Lovely motor!

If your not to attached to yours is sell and buy a fully built one ie johns as it's an epic example!

If you want to keep yours drop Race-Tec and Tuning developments a message with your requirements and ask them to price for new alround so you have an exact idea of price and then source some parts second hand to get cost down!

James

Engine 2-3k (depending on spec) are you going to remove and rebuild it and refit etc yourself? you could save money there?

Management - EMB? TD do a package supplied, fitted and mapped for £550 and it will do 300hp on its limit. TD have proven this many times. For 350-370hp standalone would be your best bet and those are a lot more money WOLF EMS was £1100-1500 supplied fitted and mapped by TD.

Turbo kit - if you want 350-370hp, I think most go for gt28? Please guys correct me if I'm wrong! 2-2.5k +

Turbo kit - if you want 280-300hp. A billet td04 will do this perfectly but still looking between 1500-2k NEW for complete kit. Manifold, downpipe, screamer! Everything needed to fit!

The list really does go on:

Intercooler (unless comes with turbo kit)

Injectors

Fuel pump

Fuel pressure regulator

Clutch

LSD

Brakes

Exhaust

Electronic boost controller

Sorry to go on, I personally think you could do it with 8k but you may have to find some bits second hand. Keep your eyes peeled for the bargains.

Hope this helps mate!!

Edited by Sefton-EP91

Lads I've got 3 months till my ban it up so am needing something like a glanza cheap to insure and plus there Lovely little cars and quick

What was the ban for?

You would be very hard pushed to be able to insure a Glanza (at a reasonable cost) with 300+bhp.