Hey guys after some advice if I may!

Recently fitted a wepr top mount kit and a freshly rebuilt TF035. Long story short it's much laggier than it should be. I've had the wastegate off, lapped the seal in, checked all intercooler pipes etc. it boosts up to 0.9 bar as it should be seems to take forever to get there. Penny washer is definitely clamped shut. No obvious boost leaks- checked all pipe work and wastegate.

Any ideas on what to check next would be much appreciated!

Goes very well on boost but should be spoiling much earlier, don't see full boost until around 4000rpm ish?

Cheers!

Well it's externally gAted but used to run 0.9 bar fine on my td04 with a vac signal from the turbo to the bottom port but now only boosts 0.5 with the vac signal but 0.9 without a signal?

Intercooler is much much smaller than before so if anything it should boost quicker? Pipe work is about the same tbh.

There are no vac lines on currently - it only boosted to 0.5 with the vac line from the housing to the wastegate (even though the spring pressure is 0.9 and has been mapped etc on the previous set up so no issues with the spring). The turbo and manifold were brand new/freshly skimmed. Used a brand new Subaru gasket.

Totally stumped. Lol

• 2 weeks later...

If there's no obvious leaks of exhaust or charge pipes bin that gate and get a Turbosmart or Tial. Had one of those eBay "demon Motorsport" gates on mine and it was bloody awful. Leaky and always used to stick open. Do you have a screamer pipe, if so you should hear it leaking past at idle.