EP82 AERO development car wanted! - Backyard Civics

Hey guys, I've been asked to relay on a message on behalf of Mark Burnett of Backyard Civics.

He is looking to develop aero kits for both EP82/EP91, and requires a development car local to him.

Here's the message:

"Hello Starlet Owners,

BYC are looking to develop an aero package: a front splitter and rear wing setup for your cars.

We are looking for someone local to Preston PR25, to lend us their car for a couple of days while we do the designs.

We offer a huge discount for that person should they want to keep the kit.

Here are some pictures to show the wing system we developed for an EP Civic and what we are looking to develop for your Starlets.

If interested please email us from the website www.backyardcivics.com

Thanks

Mark @ BYC"

Let's get on this guys, it would be great to finally see a fully developed Aero kit for our cars! I wish I lived close enough to offer my GT to be used!

Amjad

*Update, EP91 development has begun! Still looking for an EP82 to use!*

FB_IMG_1442144955851_zpszx1ttitb.jpg
FB_IMG_1442144958933_zpsfthrm0oq.jpg
FB_IMG_1442144961437_zpsctbhuxrw.jpg
FB_IMG_1442144963660_zpsogrmai61.jpg

Edited by Amjad
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sent the guy a message on FB, we'll see what he's offering.

Difficult to tell how effective any 'aero' is, unless it's tested, or simulated by CPU and flow dynamic software. That would require 3d scanning the car, I'm hoping that's what he intends to do.

Splitter wont be worth a shit unless it extends at least under the engine bay as well.

Difficult to tell how effective any 'aero' is, unless it's tested, or simulated by CPU and flow dynamic software. That would require 3d scanning the car, I'm hoping that's what he intends to do.

Splitter wont be worth a shit unless it extends at least under the engine bay as well.

it will just be for looks mate it's going to do nothing on a road car apart from look good seems to be in fashion theses days with the time attack style going on

This

Completely Agree.

However. Adjust-ability from level with the roof line where the difference will be minimal to above it where it becomes more effective.

Ontop of that, angle of the rear wing is also adjustable.

Im sure it will also behave differently on faster/slower tracks.

But only the driver can tell. If its adjustable, a sweet spot can be found.

Also if it's just mounted to bumper the flex would be dangerous!!! Aero needs to be chassis mounted and have minimal flex. I'll send you pictures off mine when it's finished 👍 hoping to test at Blyton next month

If its what I think then he is probably looking to make the mounting brackets for the splitter, i got mine from him and the quality is incredible.

Had to make my own splitter and as tim has said it needed to go back at least to the firewall to be effective and it was a right bastard of a job. If they are looking at making the splitter as well that would be good if its correct.

I can stand on mine without any issues whatsever

Like said his kits mount to the chassis not the bumper - he seems to know what he's doing. I messaged him a while back after seeing his civic, so I'm glad to hear he's planning on doing something.

I would happily give them mine when its running if he hasn't found one by then. Circa 3 / 4 weeks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...