Prices of Glanza's going up?

Has anybody else noticed the prices of Glanza's going up? What seems to be the going rate for a nice Glanza's these days?

I've got a 1999 silver Glanza V which I plan on keeping for the foreseeable future, which I'm hoping will continue to go up in value. 😀

I wouldn't say they are going up massively tbh I have noticed that dealers who import them have put the prices up such as dcy etc but that's just them being robbing bastards saw one the other day up for 6.5 if someone bought it and put it on the market such as on here or gumtree etc it would get about 3.5 could get a massive spec ep for 6.5 the good cars are going up (isn't many left) and the dogs are around the same price consistently

Theres a good few Glanzas just now for sale at 6k or over, but they have an insane spec list that would probably have cost 3 or 4 times that to build.

The starlet market is going back up though i think as theres less of them now, especially clean GTs.

Theres been at least 3 big spec EP85s up for sale recently at 5/6k area and not selling which is kinda worrying though!

Purchase price in Japan would have been under a grand for that i bet!

You could get a JZX100 Chaser for under the price they want for that V haha!

I e been in talks with a guy about importing a gt he's talking about 3.5 max that dcy are fucking chancers

I e been in talks with a guy about importing a gt he's talking about 3.5 max that dcy are fucking chancers

GTs seem to be dearer than Glanzas in Japan ive noticed. Also youre right aye all those import companies put a huge mark up on their cars.

GTs seem to be dearer than Glanzas in Japan ive noticed. Also youre right aye all those import companies put a huge mark up on their cars.

I know a guy that imports. I wouldn't say the mark up is huge, I'd say it's robbery :lol:

theres a few fresh import ones for sale, SVA Imports, DCY, etc they are all rip off's sure they have to make a profit but 6500 for a near enough stock glanza?

like already said they are trying to make like 3 or 4 grand profit on it lol. having a giraffe.

Edited by richglanzav

not many gt,s around even in Japan this guy I've been talking to has a bloke in Japan that sources cars won't buy from auctions only dealers and the Japanese equivalent of auto trader over there and he inspects every car etc so he's confident he can get me a nice mk1

Personally dont think the prices have went up at all.

You see the importers sitting with them silly priced fresh imports for months. And even the big spec'd starlets that are for sale for 6k+ i havent really seen them sell for that.

They should go up tho they are all getting to be 20+ years old and theres folk who break them for a laugh which must be reducing the numbers of them silly amount.

Think we still have a few years wait before we see a price rise.

If they are anything like the gttis you may be waiting a while. Coming up to 30years old only 14ish left on the road and dont sell for high prices at all. One on ebay at 9k but very good, and another at 4,500 but doubt it will go at that

Gttis?

Renault 5s arent exceptionally high priced either.

Bottom line these cars were mass produced and are around 20 years old plus they were import only meaning plenty of them remain due to lack of rust issues.

I highly doubt the value of them will ever go beyond 5k.

It's like everything else you get the right buyer one man's gold is another man's treasure people will pay over the odds just most seller don't wait it out they get it in their head to get rid then it just goes for peanuts.

Some Japanese markets are going up but these are still to be thought of as rare, or too desired. As said the import companies are sitting on high prices standard examples for a long time and the high spec examples for 6-8k are hanging around a very long time.

Until they hit the US import age of 25 years or become very hard to find (the way pulsars are going) it will be a while until they turn into r32 Gtrs, charades etc.