• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers dude! i was thinking of a lightweight flywheel when i have to do my clutch when it gets worn out :) I've got some glanza ones already painted but dont have any end caps for them -_-

Ah that's abit crab then lol would definitely recommend lightweight flywheel buddy that's what I have on my na probably best mod:)

Ignore what I said about the breather filter! I got a 9mm filter from auto silicone hoses, put it on, it was too big. The hose clamp it comes with was tightened fully and it still didn't tighten enough then when removing it the filter actually broke away from the hose neck... Yeeeeeah

Oops.. Ah well better to find out now rather than when going around I spose Westley!

Yea its a shame cant find any end caps for em but I'm sure some will turn up eventually! How much difference did the lightweight flywheel make??

Quite a decent difference mate :) revs faster. Definitely worth it.

• 2 weeks later...

another little update for the build! as im on holiday I've got time to do some extra bits! got hold of some 20mm spacers off a Yaris from a mate, only the 2 as they didnt have a set of 4 which is a shame but never mind! so they'l be going on as soon as I've got my panhard rod set up, which il do on the ramp at work one day. also got my self a starlet owners air freshner just so everyone knows im part of the team ;) had a Simoni Gravel deep dish steering wheel floating about for a while too which i finally got myself a boss kit for, so theres a possibility that will go on over the holiday period too! :D

little update on the starlet, got my Panhard rod fitted and adjusted yesterday! (in the pissing rain!) unfortunately the spacers were going on the back but dont fit -_- as the Speedlines dont have a reccess for the hub bolts to go into and dont really want to cut them down in case i want to take the spacers back off! other than that im looking at grabbing some Celica mk6 brake calipers and carriers and throwing them on too to up the stopping power a bit :) then the induction kit but I've got to make that so il do that at a later date! oo and I've got a new front plate as the old one was de laminating!

Edited by Dansstarlet1996

cheers dude! id like to break the 100bhp mark but theres no Dynos on the Isle of Wight -_- so id have to take a trip to the mainland so i want to be confident it should make that mark or at least get close!

I need to get mine on the dyno still want to know whats it's running hopefully around the 100bhp mark too :D

Edited by Walker96

would be sweet to find out! :D what bits do you have on yours? done anything to the fueling system? cant decide if i should go down that route or not?

Done nothing about fueling yet lol but corrola intake (glanza s intake) obx racing exhaust manifold Lightweight flywheel won't do anything to bhp though. Plan on trying the 4efte ecu as people on here say it's worth it. Also an decent induction kit.

Have a look on my build thread it's called my starlet n/a have a video from track day I show a few cars up, these cars are just amazing in the handling department.

Edited by Walker96

they are fun with just a few handling mods! similar set up to me then :) i havent got the lightweight flywheel though. wouldnt it need glanza injectors etc for the ecu or can it run on the standard ones? i duno if il look at a Emanage blue or a 4efte ecu depends what the best results come from :)

same haha, got a few bits more pressing that need doing! :) going to get all the valve stems seals sorted too, and then make sure everything works sweet then get it dynoed, so maybe end of next year some time!

I'm doing my piston rings and stem seals in summer as it's burns oil abit not too bad though

• 2 weeks later...

Only a little update but spent all day cleaning and polishing the car, so far I've done all the outside and started to clean the bay up a little with a polish and decrease, will be on the inside tomorrow, hoover and dust, maybe if I'm keen polish any showing metal :) will get some pictures up tomorrow to show the difference