Bought my first car and it just so happens to be a little red starlet :D bog standard when i bought it with a handful of miles on it, should have started a build thread earlier as I've already started to tweak it a little bit!
current changes are seats from standard to Type R EP3 seats, followed by a painted rocker cover,
then a long delay due to looking for an apprenticeship so couldnt spend any more money on it for a while, then when funds permitted some speedlines found theyre way onto the car with Toyo Proxes T1Rs all round!
then got hold of a corolla manifold and got that fitted which was a nice change in pulling power! on the same weekend got a cherry bomb exhaust fitted which is abit different to what I've seen as i dont think anyone else has done it before? gives it a nice little burble :)
latest modifications are a stripped out rear interior and a rear strut brace found its way onto the car.
next plans are to lower it and fit some other nice little parts I've managed to acquire from other starlet owners, hopefully when i work out how to put up pictures il get some up! :help:

Dan

Edited by Dansstarlet1996
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

it is man :D really screams through the gears, it was never going to be a race car or sports car rival but to be fair for a 1.3 it gets along pretty well! dunno about bhp, got a carbon dynamics airbox to go on aswell and a cold airfeed down to the bumper, would like to think maybe itl get close to 100 but cant be sure :/ but lowering is the very next thing on the list as you can see from the height!!

Unfortunately this may end up being cut short as i cant repair its oil burning problem -_- so far it went from top of the dipstick to the minimum in 2 -3 weeks! Had the headgasket done already, doesnt smoke on start up apart from a little blye puff thats gone by the time you can walk to the back of the car! Think its valves or piston rings, both large jobs unfortunately as its my daily makes life difficult! Only Time will tell how things go

Unfortunately this may end up being cut short as i cant repair its oil burning problem -_- so far it went from top of the dipstick to the minimum in 2 -3 weeks! Had the headgasket done already, doesnt smoke on start up apart from a little blye puff thats gone by the time you can walk to the back of the car! Think its valves or piston rings, both large jobs unfortunately as its my daily makes life difficult! Only Time will tell how things go

You can get replacement 4EFE engines for buttons dude.

Dont let that put you off mate mine burns oil abit but I'm getting a new engine since there so cheap. Just be a donor starlet for cheap as!:)