• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its just a little annoying :/ and its just if i did get a new engine id have to fit it and have it up and running within a weekend, and not sure how easy it is to drop a new one in? 

Well doable in a weekend the longest bit is when you have them side by side swapping the bits over. N that's only about 2hours Max.

Il look into it :) deprnds if its cheaper to fix it or drop a new engine in! Il have to check

I believe Rory Webb on here is selling his glanza rep. Needs finishing but it looks beautiful and has low mileage. Saw him put it on the Facebook page maybe you should buy his?

done 64,000 pete, so not loads and loads but again not really low either. had the head gasket done less than 3000 miles ago, changed both exhaust and inlet mani within the last 2 months aswell.

Cheers Westley il have a look :) havent got loads of money so il have to make a decision on whats best :)

done 64,000 pete, so not loads and loads but again not really low either. had the head gasket done less than 3000 miles ago, changed both exhaust and inlet mani within the last 2 months aswell.

Cheers Westley il have a look :) havent got loads of money so il have to make a decision on whats best :)

ah mine had loads of miles 140,000. Could be valve stem seals, does it smoke? if so does it do it more on cold starts than warm running?

when it starts up theres the tiniest little puff of smoke thats there for less than a second! by the time I&#39;ve walked from the front seat to the back of the car its gone! and when im driving I&#39;ve tried all sorts to make it smoke and cant see anything out the rear view mirror? only reason i know it does it is one of the guys from work followed and said when i went over a junction in 2nd it smoked a little but I&#39;ve never been able to recreate it tbh <_<

on a more positive note :) next plan is to add on a air filter/induction kit, from what I&#39;ve found on the interweb and on here it looks like the breather pipe that goes back into the induction pipe (not the manifold one) can be swapped out for a small breather filter? anyone know where the little sensor from in the side of the airbox goes? im guessing plumb it into the new pipe work somewhere, which was the plan! so just need to get myself a few silicone connectors and a cold air feed pipe and she'l be nearly sorted engine bay wise!

this is the breather filter thing i was talking about...

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h291/keirz/000_0099.jpg

the oil leak plot thickens! had a quick look this morning and noticed there was a small amount of oil coming from around the PCV valve, saw it wasnt pressed all the way in as the hose is to short i think -_- took it out for 30mins or so and took another look when i got home, and there was slightly more running along the grooves of the rocker cover, could be part of the oil leak issue? also took the hose off the rolla manifold end and it looked pretty dark and black in there, so could be getting into the manifold and going through? think its more wishful thinking than anything else tbh but cant do any harm to look!

• 1 month later...

Yay I have a red starlet buddy builds coming along nice mate where did you get your exhaust and mani from and how much was it?

The exhaust is custom 2inch straight through with a 3 inch back box (im not sure on the back box make), and the Manifold is a 4-1 Hotshots manifold, which from what i understand is as rare as unicorn farts, im sure some of the guys on here would know more about it than me :) i think it improves flow and in my opinion made the throttle response tighter, i could be imagining it but it feels like it to me :)

need to get the panhard rod fitted to level out the rear but il do that on a ramp at work to make life easy :) rides nice too, springs are pretty firm and if it hits a bump you know about it but im pleased with how they turned out! :D speed bumps is an issue though and its going to take abit longer to get to work each day thanks to having to go over a minimum of 2 speedbumps to get out of my estate! -_- but its a small issue :)

Looks good! Did you buy the centre caps online? I need some for my speed lines but could do with knowing the size!

Also if you're still looking for a breather filter for the rocker cover I've found some online if you want the link?