• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

havent updated this for a while so il add some now! getting a rear bumper and trying something a little different with it, hopefully fitting my carbon dynamics airbox as well, on the air box topic has anyone managed to fit one in easily? im struggling with the size of the airbox in the small space left

• 3 weeks later...

havent updated this for a while so il add some now! getting a rear bumper and trying something a little different with it, hopefully fitting my carbon dynamics airbox as well, on the air box topic has anyone managed to fit one in easily? im struggling with the size of the airbox in the small space left

Hi mate nice few mods there. I wouldn't bother with any aftermarket intake on these, just a k&n panel filter will help nicely. But if it's induction noise you're after then I guess it's a different story

Cheers guys :D not much yet tbh, ordered some bits but they haven't turned up -.- as they were meant to be on before japfest but didn't get here. Thinking of getting a little pod tacho to put in it too so I at least get some idea of the revs and I think they look cool too :D also toying with the idea of a small supercharger,thetes one from an Subaru Pleo that's fairly cheap and tiny so might fit where the power steering pump would go, but that's for a much later date I think. unfortunately I cant get any pictures atm as photobucket is refusing to let me upload anything at all so when I can get that sorted Il try to get some pictures up :)

Little update, just ordered myself a prosport pod tacho, and a double pillar pod, which I'm going to get hydrodipped, sounds like my induction stuff might not be here for another 2 weeks annoyingly, better late than never though! :)

Sounds good mate. Any plans taking it on a track? ;)

Hmm I was very tempted this year at japfest, but as it was the starlets first trip off the island to big old England I didn't want to hurt her! Haha theres a few little tweeks I want to make first, maybe the supercharger if it becomes a viable option :) dont really want to turbo it as lots of people have done that, and superchargers make naughty noises ;)

Hmm I was very tempted this year at japfest, but as it was the starlets first trip off the island to big old England I didn't want to hurt her! Haha theres a few little tweeks I want to make first, maybe the supercharger if it becomes a viable option :) dont really want to turbo it as lots of people have done that, and superchargers make naughty noises ;)

Yeah sounds good lol I wouldn't mind putting itbs on mine

Totally agree but it's finding a decent sc set up isn't it because like you say it hasn't been done much in the past. Love itb's too but they seem to be a little tricky to get running nicely. I'll be going for an emanage on a tweeked NA set up first to see if these Corolla manifolds really do what we think as well as the other bits I've done. I think 100bhp would be pretty fun :) these uk cars seem quite restrained from the factory when you consider what the 95's are running standard.

yea, they do seem to have quite a weak start really, i think the rolla mani made the biggest difference out of everything I've done to mine! its great! id like to think mines around 90hp with whats on it atm. setting up the SC id like it to run around 120hp as i think much more and il lose reliablility, and im not sure how the standard 4EFE will react to the more constant boost, id like it be able to run 3-4psi as its fairly low, and seems like with 4EFE-T engines run around 7psi reliably.

so need the SC, larger injectors (probably glanza), high flow fuel rail, larger belt (but as mine doesnt have power steering i might get away with the OE belt), some pipe work and silicone joiners, probably an emanage blue as i dont think the standard ecu will like it, might work as its smoother boost than a turbo but time will tell, and il go with a spring loaded by pass valve i think as itl make it easier rather than faffing around with electronic valves, heard that on very low boost from small superchargers that might not even need a bypass valve, but il look into that. hopefully il be able to get it all made and in for less than 700 quid if im sensible about it :D

be interested to see how a supercharged starlet compares to the turbo, i imagine the lower end will be better for the SC but the turbo would have the top end, tbh i dont need to it be mega fast top end as theres no straights on the island unless i go over to southampton!

Ha ha fair enough. I'm only thinking small power too- 140 tops on all standard Glanza parts. But thats pretty far off in the future so for now it's 4-2-1, Corolla inlet, panel filter and then an emanage- should easily see about 100 with that. Well hats off to you for trying something different I like the SC idea it's just finding the right set up and having it neatly installed. Either way I'll keep reading and look forward to the updates :)

Edited by Pikey009

cheers for the support man :) im hoping to use the original threaded holes in the block etc that are there from the abs unit and power steering pump so just make some brackets and hosing!

yea sounds good dude! dont need mega hp really, for the way the NA's look and from a 1.3 its plenty, means its a little bit of a sleeper too i guess, 120-140 is enough to take on anything up to a 1.5 really so should be loads :D

from what i understand if the engines in good nick, with a rolla mani, good exhaust, good induction i think its meant to get to around 90-100 ish anyway so emanage might push it even further! :D

Ah that's a cracking idea using those existing holes. There's bags of space in these bays isn't there. Well when you consider my golf is 140 (ok it's diesel) but if my starlet had that much power it'd be a little rocket and could take on much bigger things than NA 1.5's. Well I hope I get about 100- the 95's ran a few upgrades including a different ecu so I dare say 100 ish will be the max.

Thatd be sweet man! Anything over a 100 is good, more than that's breaking new ground or following the lesser trodden path :D yea if I use the existing stuff I may as well make it as easy as I possibly can :) I've been debating it tbh, but not sure, think I mentioned it to Flynn when I saw him Last and he was interested, be good to get a group dyno session!

Edited by Dansstarlet1996