Launch control can be quite complex if needed - from simple launch based on a single rpm settings via a clutch switch, to 3D setups that controls the rate of rpm increase to minimise wheel spin via driven and non driven wheel speed sensors etc. Depends how good your ecu is really.

Yeah it can get quite complex, mine runs a launch rpm via a switch then runs a ramped return rate after that. Im probably going to run my speed input to it as well at some point but its going to take a fair amount of work to get it right.

They still call it 'launch control' even if its not strictly speaking a proper system.

indeed in fact I probably commented on the subject looking at where that's from lol

Phil

Edited by Phil

i've seen the emu launch control work pretty decent for what it is....i suspect it would be adequate for the "average" car once set up properly

if i remember correctly, i think hybrid/konrad ran it on his glanza very successfully at drags in the past

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TmSArDDGXM

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4ODN4wxraU

Yeah and it makes the right noises no doubt. Worked well in my car just found the consistency it gave was still slightly worse than getting it right with your own throttle control. Your foot also allows more adjustability for conditions.

The boost on the line is spin city in a road car.

Dry day big slicks and a drag strip... Emu or bee r limiter will work grand

Phil

Edited by Phil

yeah phil...i suppose it takes a bit of setting up to get the base map close to where a person wants it and may even take some further tweeking depending on the conditions.

i agree that with practice and patience a seasoned driver can do its all with foot control and "feeling"....but no doubt LC has its place in this world of technology, where teams leave nothing to chance---WRC for example

yeah phil...i suppose it takes a bit of setting up to get the base map close to where a person wants it and may even take some further tweeking depending on the conditions.

i agree that with practice and patience a seasoned driver can do its all with foot control and "feeling"....but no doubt LC has its place in this world of technology, where teams leave nothing to chance---WRC for example

Aye and even without control the launch from the emu in the dry with good tyres is good, no lag cause your making boost with the ignition cut

Phil