Spot on Daniel how is a dedicated harness bar not available for ep's? Especially when you consider how many of us are stripped with harnesses! Was talk of civic ones fitting but dunno if this was ever confirmed?

And not everyone has a cage either.

Harnesses bolted to the floor is what the majority do, havent seen anyone fit a harness bar to a starlet yet whithout a cage. But someone might have a pic of one?

Still its something thats lacking in the EP world :)

So to any EP Traders reading!

.. cheap braces. Can get this lot for a civic for like 100 quid.

Screenshot_2015-10-09-18-38-57_zpsghyego

Obviously people like their cusco, ultra racing or whatever.

But chuck the ultra racing catalogue on a starlet and your talking over a grand.

So a few cheaper braces would be ideal too :)

spoke with jezza about it biggest problem is just the risk of getting involved in such an important part of the car. easy enough to whip up a harness bar but its being sure its upto the task in a crash. big risk to take with out paying for proper testing on the product

spoke with jezza about it biggest problem is just the risk of getting involved in such an important part of the car. easy enough to whip up a harness bar but its being sure its upto the task in a crash. big risk to take with out paying for proper testing on the product

That is very true. Would be good if someone put a good bit of R&D behind it..

Civic harness bar.

Screenshot_2015-10-09-22-15-28_zpssyg3yf

Sure that's the one that was rumoured to fit our ep's? Can't remember who it was but someone said they'd bought one and were gonna let us know if it works.......but never did!

You can steal the glory and get one fitted ;) I don't like the look of that one above looks like a disability rail you would find on in some sort of hotel shower room.

You can steal the glory and get one fitted ;) I don't like the look of that one above looks like a disability rail you would find on in some sort of hotel shower room.

Just need an alarmed pull cord next to it for when the inevitable happens... for when shit comes out

You know when you roll your car and you are harnessed into your seat bolt up right, chances are the highest thing inside the car is your head.

Just think about that for a little bit, then you might understand why harness bars are difficult to come by, and why using rear seat belt bolts for harness anchor points are generally frowned upon.

I get it though, I was young once and drove cars both on road and track with harnesses without a rollcage. So if you're going to do it, just bolt them in, a harness bar on its own is just a waste of money.

Besides from anything else, they are bloody annoying to use on the road!

To be fair a decent crash in a starlet will probably be lucky to survive no matter how many ker plunk bars are inside driving your gran everywhere is safer than any crash bar she's the one saying stop driving like a penis lol I'm a simple eye bolt man decent genuine seats should make all the difference to good security my mates got those ksport harnessesses in you can feel the safety aircraft buckle nice and thick £180ish new like but we all know you get what you pay for :)

My cage is just a bolt in Cusco 7 pointer, seen some horrible results from half cage crashes, ideally I'd like to get it welded in with proper plates etc due to how weak the floor on our cars is! Have genuine bride seats and genuine Takata harnesses.......but hear conflicting arguments on how best to secure the harnesses. I'll be honest I've gravitated towards the harness bar obviously for the safety element but also because I'm a shameless brace whore lol

914C92B6-510A-4937-8F58-BFA7170CA3D6_zps

harness bar would be good! does the harness bolt onto the seat on each side?? I've got type r seats in atm so would need to be able to go through the hole on them

Don't use a harness on Type R seats, I assume you like being able to use your legs? God forbid if you ran harnesses with those seats and had an accident you could potentially severly damage vertebrae and possibly your spinal cord. Nothing but a fixed back bucket seat should be used when running harnesses.

A harness bar should never be used to mount harnesses onto (unless it's a part of a cage and rigidly mounted), the harness bar is simply there to direct the harnesses to give the appropriate angle. The issue I found when I had one of those universal ones, is that they sit quite far back from the seat, and with only 1 bolt mounting to the top seatbelt buckle on the B pillar, there's the potential for the bar to have an increased moment rotation upon impact.

It makes me laugh how many times this debate comes up, across all makes and models of cars, yet people are still stupid enough to risk their life for the sake of a few hundred quid, fake seats, fake harnesses, incorrect installation etc. If you can't afford to do it properly, don't do it!

Edited by AdamB