So in that case AdamB we would need to wear a helmet every time we drive our cars, because we need a proper roll cage with harness bar.. to run a harness with our fixed back bucket seats.

This isnt the fuckin FIA mate. Theres doing something by the book and theres being pedantic as fuck.

So in that case AdamB we would need to wear a helmet every time we drive our cars, because we need a proper roll cage with harness bar.. to run a harness with our fixed back bucket seats.

This isnt the fuckin FIA mate. Theres doing something by the book and theres being pedantic as fuck.

Get your head out your fucking ass Dan, whenever in my post did I say you "need" to do anything?

Maybe you would like to read my post again and note the words "potential" and "should".

Being "pedantic as fuck" could save your life one day. There's a reason why insurance companies charge such a premium for those road cars which use roll cages. Have a think about that for a second.

Get your head out your fucking ass Dan, whenever in my post did I say you "need" to do anything?

Maybe you would like to read my post again and note the words "potential" and "should".

Being "pedantic as fuck" could save your life one day. There's a reason why insurance companies charge such a premium for those road cars which use roll cages. Have a think about that for a second.

My head isnt up my arse you cunt!

Thats what you were getting at, saying anyone who isnt running a proper cage is stupid and risking their lives.. that might be the case but theres no need to be a fuckin bellend about it!

People know the risks, its a fuckin tin can, crash one badly and its game over anyway.

A harness bar should never be used to mount harnesses onto (unless it's a part of a cage and rigidly mounted), the harness bar is simply there to direct the harnesses to give the appropriate angle. The issue I found when I had one of those universal ones, is that they sit quite far back from the seat, and with only 1 bolt mounting to the top seatbelt buckle on the B pillar, there's the potential for the bar to have an increased moment rotation upon impact.

i never said it should be mounted to the harness but if the bars not up to the task its still going to give in regardless if its mounted to the bar or being directed by the bar.

i never said it should be mounted to the harness but if the bars not up to the task its still going to give in regardless if its mounted to the bar or being directed by the bar.

Ah that explains it better mate, thought you was on about mounting it directly to the bar itself.

This is why I explained my experience with the Tegiwa bar, but do you think they done any testing on their product? It's highly doubtful imo.

I crashed and survived..lol

Only thanks to my cage though.

With regards to harness securing point the rear of a starlet is weak.

So bolting it where rear seats would be is common but not fail safe..

I bolted mine there, but had welded a small harness loop onto my cusco cage.

harness bar bar with cage is best solution, but not everyone can afford it.

But at least a bucket seat to limit the risk of a broken back on impact as the seat crushes itself with you in it.

• 4 weeks later...

My cage is just a bolt in Cusco 7 pointer, seen some horrible results from half cage crashes, ideally I'd like to get it welded in with proper plates etc due to how weak the floor on our cars is! Have genuine bride seats and genuine Takata harnesses.......but hear conflicting arguments on how best to secure the harnesses. I'll be honest I've gravitated towards the harness bar obviously for the safety element but also because I'm a shameless brace whore lol

Posted Image

Where have you mounted your 2 lap straps for the harness?

I know the one on the right goes into the existing seat belt holes but what have you done about the left side?

Yep, for my sins I've bolted it into my genuine Bride rail.......only option without drilling into the car! Hope you can get something sorted mate!

Right I think I just need some new rails as mine are custom to but the buckets on! Tried getting hold of browner to see if he has any but no luck as of yet...

Where can I get a pair of rails that would fit my bucket seats or do most aftermarket rails fit buckets?