fresh build bottom end gone??

Toyota stock the oem shell bearings

part numbers are these are for pistons 13041-11030

these are for crank bearings 11701-10012

when people say Toyota stock them is that just a case of going to my local dealer and ordering them or is there a national number to call etc?

about the bearings use thes for standard size

same but cheaper then mr toyo

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/JDM-TAIHO-MAIN-CON-ROD-ENGINE-BEARING-SET-STARLET-GT-TURBO-EP82-EP91-4E-FTE-STD-/301458536571?hash=item463054387b:g:JGwAAOSwnDxUkG9B

if it needs a grind it will be main dealer and 20e per chel 2 on a conrod so 40euros plus vat ontop so you get an idea of pricing 200/220euros

that bearing kit is super cheap at £65!

thinking its best just to send it off and get it looked at, just need someone south with a quick turn around time.

ive read a few of your 2's conversations before, will have a good read whilst my cranks getting sorted.

thanks for all the input all, much appreciated :)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can pop into a Toyota dealer if there's one near like I did or ring up your nearest one, if I remember you say I need a set or big end and mains for a (your make and model and year of car) this is where they will say what size for the main set and what size for the big end set, as there's 3 different sizes, hence why when the crank journals are measured to the nearest thousand (do big ends first write it down, then mains and write it down) then go to one of the links and it tells you the sizes, then your know what your need for your mains and then you big ends, I hope this makes sense mate

Also just relised what's going on with the thrust washers too are they ok or will you need to order them too

Edited by patman

ya dean around is not good enough it needs to be spot on or it will be a self destruct engine

get a spec sheet out mate and measure and compare tolerances only then you can check wich ( stok ) size you need

5 on block

3 on the rods

so 8 stock sizes in there

or you could chance it and go moterfactors ask for a stock size and hope al turns out well :(

Edited by 5e colin

if your going to Toyota for parts surly you could tell them the number on the crank then say its undersize by 0.25?

If got one of my mates in Toyota looking into it for me complete bottom end bearing kit my crank is within tolerance from original spec so its a lot easier for me.

£76 pound just for big end bearings so im expecting a bit of a bill for the full set

taiho bearings that colin posted are made in Japan and cheaper. They supply Oem to alot of manufacturers. Contact them, they may make oversize. They manage to source some for a charade

Edited by Ollieh17

Yea but theirs 3 types so how do you know your getting the correct ones, also I've looked up the part numbers they have give and it doesn't seem to match, main bearing says 11701-10011 but when you look it up on toyodiy that part number should be 11701-10012 - 1,2 or 3

right chaps, my crank has been repaired (by Park Engineering - thanks funnyonion) and ive been told I need:

mains 0.25

Big Ends 0.25

Thrusts std

Does anyone have the genuine Toyota numbers handy for these sizes?

cheers

did they write down the loube sizes for you ??? start measuring again id say and also bolt all the cap on the block again and measure to , write down and compare