Sent a bootlid which was in mint condition and has turned up damaged.

Obviously as a seller its my responsabillity now...

So anyone have any good suggestions on where to start as I've never had this issue before..

Wanna resolve this best possible way i can..

Thanks lewis

Was there any cover/insurance offered by the shipping company?

Yes, you'll need to speak to them to get a claims form. You will probably want pics of before and after for this too.

No, you will have to come to an agreement with the buyer on either reimbursing some money so they can get the boot lid fixed or him returning it and you refunding.

Some companies exclude items like bonnets etc so check the small print on the companies site to save yourself some time too.

I did pay for cover but just read the small print and as said above dont cover body panels...

Bit stupid as its a car part speciallist.. but who use tnt.. who i never been a fan of :(

Wait to here a reply from the buyer along with pictures...

Bootlid was wrapped with plenty of cardboard as I've got stacks here at the body shop i work at.

So just waiting a reply how they wanna go about it

I did pay for cover but just read the small print and as said above dont cover body panels...

Bit stupid as its a car part speciallist.. but who use tnt.. who i never been a fan of :(

Wait to here a reply from the buyer along with pictures...

Bootlid was wrapped with plenty of cardboard as I've got stacks here at the body shop i work at.

So just waiting a reply how they wanna go about it

Thats a shame but they must get loads of damaged panels so sort of understandable, bur it Might be worth dropping them a message anyway if you've got the time.

After this i thought id check my ducktail ic just purchased.. also snapped in 2..

So im not a happy person atm... 2 cases in a day!!!

was it just wrapped up , ya not put in box, i go to hardware stores now and get big boxes now on, and wrapped the items , these couriers are cunt fuks and dont give a fuk,

I had to claim for a rear diff mount which got lost in the post. Now I always take pics of the item wrapped up and of it in the box just in case I need them. I also send these to the buyer.

I had to claim for a rear diff mount which got lost in the post. Now I always take pics of the item wrapped up and of it in the box just in case I need them. I also send these to the buyer.

I do this with any large items. Anything that goes with a courier ill grab good pics before then wrap up in all sorts of shit just to protect it and then take pics of it before sending just so I've got proof if anything does happen.

When I pack FRP products at work I have to wrap them so much that a bloody duck tail will end up looking like a coffin. The amount of times courier have broken our parts in transit to customers is unreal, so now we take no chances and go all out when packaging them.

Aamir

Just think i wont send anything again.. lol...

I wish i took more pictures.. will do it in future...

On the case to the companies now....

Well at least my bumper came in one piece I can vouch for you being a great seller to deal with!