My starlet is running at 165bhp on a ct9 turbo I bought a ct9b turbo yesterday which I'm going to put on this week. Just wondering what do I need to do to get it up to about 190bhp without going down the Td04 road.

Tom

Edited by Justforfun

My tongs hybrid ct9 with exhaust, forged internals, FMIC, 255 Fuel pump, no air filter, blitz I-color boost controller and an emanage system that isn't working properly (thinks its a 6 cylinder and cant be changed) is running 201bhp

Well a ct9b is a standard turbo, so you'll probably need a ct9 hybrid if you want to achieve those numbers.

yeah I know it's standard man I picked it up the other day as my own needs replacing. I had my own out the other day while doing the manifold and noticed 4 of the blades were chipped so I bought an almost brand new ct9b which I got really cheap.

To be honest anyone that is advised about tuning on here should never be advised to use an FCD they are a disaster waiting to happen.

If someone is just beginning to tune their starlet from scratch advice I'd give would be to get a P&P as your 1st mod then an AFR gauge then an adjustable actuator and work from there.

Once your happy with your set up get a piggy back and chase figures if thats your thing.

nothing beats a pfc fcon for tru p&p self tuning is the way :) unless you can afford a remap after every part change

there is nothing wrong with a fcd if used properly i use 1 on my pfc fcon to great effect :)

to the op 1bar ct9 will be around 170/80bhp on the irish rollers :)

Edited by 5e colin
yeah I'll pick up a hybrid eventually man. They do pop up now and again for sale here for 150 to 200 euro. Standard ct9s go for peanuts here I bought one off a lad the other day in excellent condition for 50 euro. Edited by Justforfun

yeah I'll pick up a hybrid eventually man. They do pop up now and again for sale here for 150 to 200 euro. Standard ct9s go for peanuts here I bought one off a lad the other day in excellent condition for 50 euro.

Best bet is to get one of your old CT9s sent away for a rebuild / make it a hybrid.

Those ebay CT9s are bound to be sketchy at best

My local chinese takeaway sells these

My local chinese takeaway genuinely does sell knock off brides, dodgey carbon bits and LEDs for all sorts of purposes...

If anyone lives in the Walsall area, there's a black and orange (if memory serves me correctly) charged 350Z parked outside.