Anyone heard of these conrods?

Hello All,

As sad as i am i have been looking through ebay at what is being sold for the starlets ;). I have noticed meany times that that forge pistons go for about 500 and the conrods go for about 400 hundred for the forge ones. I saw some on ebay which i have never heard of before for 200 has anyone seen these or used them before?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Conrod-for-Toyota-Starlet-Turbo-EP82-1342cc-4EFTE-89-96-Con-Rod-Bielle-SALE-RPF-/131475196230?hash=item1e9c884946:g:Kk8AAOSwg3FUmORk

I have got a set for my 5e build. There is also a lot of lads from across the water using them, as far as i can tell someone was running 400bhp on a 5e with them. (Obviously using the 5e variant before some smart ass comes along)

Phil. has used a few sets without fail as well.

Quite a few people have used those maxspeed ones from what i can see, they are in essence a copy of a SCAT but with skinny bolts like pauters.

Id run SCAT's, thickest bolts, safest for big revs. You just need to notch your block.

Edited by RobSR

Quite a few people have used those maxspeed ones from what i can see, they are in essence a copy of a SCAT but with skinny bolts like pauters.

Id run SCAT's, thickest bolts, safest for big revs. You just need to notch your block.

Bolts aren't an issue, its not like you'll be revving the motor to the moon because the volumetric efficiency of the engine drops right off.

Besides, the smaller the bolts the better, less mass to rotate.

Mmm mcoys

£250 less there's got to be something that's been scrimped on?

Steak flavour mmm I could be wrong they might run sweet no issue's things that are new and expensive do brake I just know they won't be going in my 5E ho ho ho

No one has a reason not to use them other than they cost less so must be shit? Not considered the other companies charge far too much? Or that the big brands use the same rods and just have their name etched on then charge alot more because ' they must be good they are expensive'

They seen common across alot of cars with good reviews haven't yet read anything bad