Fitting oil pressure/temp gauges without sandwich plate!

I need to know if there is any other way to get the oil gauges plumbed up to my car without the use of and sandwich plate. I gave it a try today but just kept looking at how the wiring has to be routed etc and I don't like it at all!

Also, I cannot get my intake pipe onto my turbo with the sandwich plate fitted!

I've had a quick search on the search bar and all the links to parts needed are broken links!

Thanks for any help in advance!

Yeah, I've been looking at this. You can get the remote oil pressure sensor like this (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151592997575?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT)

It goes in the front right hand section of the engine

thats how mine is done for oil pressure. for oil temp blank is removed from the filter housing and an 1/8 npt to m16 x 1.5 adapter fitted with a hole drilled through the pas pump bracket for the sensor wire :)

• 1 month later...

You can weld a bung onto the sump and run a temp sensor there - fit it on the firewal side for easier/tidier wiring.

And as mentioned above for the oil pressure you can run from the factory oil light location using a tee. I can't remember if its Fragola or XRP that make a specific fitting thats metric male into the block, metric female for the factory sensor straight out, and an imperial 1/8npt thread for the aftermarket sensor out of the side. If you make the tee up using brass fittings make sure you use a steel male/male straight fitting into the block. Ive seen brass male fittings snap from vibration in the past - messy and tragic...