Need some ideas of what car to get the misses...

Currently she's got a bagged mk4 golf gti turbo..

Way we thinking is breaking it down to near standard selling the parts then the car seperatly..

Should see anywhere between 2-3k

At heart think she wants a starlet but she very undecided... what other fun quick cars could she get for that value. Prefferably wants to come to the jap side.

Any ideas would be welcome :)

Has crossed our mind... seen a few cool 1s on google...

Seen the is200 equivelent but she reckons its old mans car at heart lol

Altezza has a far better engine than the is200, the beams 3sge in it is just about perfect.

If your wanting a lexus in budget then the gs300 is what to go for, bit heavy on petrol though lol.

Quite slow cars, still wont touch a CTS with the supercharger kit. Consider the celica t sport if the corolla isn't quite your cuppa.

Celica is a good shout too, i had one of the 190bhp ones for a bit, was a pretty good car, doesnt look that great. The sound they make is outstanding though!

Classic scoob. Get a uk 2000 or basic wrx for that, but id be careful as most will have been abused.

WRX is a great all round car, had a couple myself. As Morgey said there are a lot of dogs out there so youd need to be carful buying one. Edited by daniel_g

Altezza has a far better engine than the is200, the beams 3sge in it is just about perfect.

If your wanting a lexus in budget then the gs300 is what to go for, bit heavy on petrol though lol.

Celica is a good shout too, i had one of the 190bhp ones for a bit, was a pretty good car, doesnt look that great. The sound they make is outstanding though!

WRX is a great all round car, had a couple myself. As Morgey said there are a lot of dogs out there so youd need to be carful buying one.

The BEAMS Altezza's are worlds apart from the straight 6 cars. As for the 2ZZ, its a cracking sound once in lift. And style has never been Toyota's strong

point lol.

Day

I had a corolla t sport and loved it had a civic type and never really bonded with it one of the few cars I was glad to see the back of it wasn't a bad car just not for me ,my choice would be a corolla hands down ignore the 0-60 of 8.4 its a load of crap its same as Celica as a friend had one ,just lower 30 mm job done great cars only thing I bought was a wiper motor in 5 years and 65,000 miles

tell you what its a risky business but if you know a lot about cars and thoroughly check it out, then classic scoobs are awesome.

my mate went and bought a turbo 2000 with 80k for 2k lol i was very sceptical but its fuckin clean and quick!

only downsides are its mega tax and thirst lol

I drove both the Corolla t sport and the ep3 before I made my choice main thing that swayed my decision was the handling ep3 is far superior

That was a point well made the handling was very good my type r was stock my t sport was lowered and still not as sharp as the civic type r ,like I said whitenoize it wasn't a bad car at all just never took to it owned it 3 years aswell maybe I prefered the wolf in sheeps clothing of the t sport , but yes the ep3 handled brilliant ,how cold is that gear knob on winter mornings though lol , strangely I always liked the accord type r can imagine not many decent ones around anymore though

Edited by burty

Haha yeah I've noticed the cold gear knob actually lol and the car steams up really easily for some reason .. They do an accord type s in the newer shape with a k20 In I'm actually thinking about getting one for the missus to do the school runs in etc

Edited by Whitenoize