Get This Petition Signed Guys!

What i don't get is, people know that employers discriminate against tattoos yet still go out and get one? If you want a job where you may be discriminated against don't get a tattoo or get one in a place that isn't obvious. Its a choice not forced upon you like being male or female.

Woman are still discriminated against in for employment so i doubt a petition will really change much. Employers will just find another reason to reject you.

Just my 2p. Not against tattoos just think people want it both ways.

^^^^ because its your body and do with it whatever the fuck u like with it ,

fuck those discriminating fucks that think there better then the rest

Yeh i get that, but sometimes if you want a certain job you have to make sacrifices like not getting a tattoo.

Tattoos are more common than ever, the whole situation with people getting refused jobs because of tattoos will die out soon enough.

Seen police with full sleeves etc.

However doesnt matter if you like it or not, discrimation is just a part of life, not just for tattoos but for anything really. If an employer doesnt want you working for them then quite simply you wont be working for them, no petition will change that.

And even if a law does pass, how can you prove it was the tattoos that put them off? Employers will just use another excuse.

I agree with the petition but i can see holes in it.

Will give it a sign :)

Yeah get a fukin spiders web on you face and your eyes blacked out too! 100% more employable, honest. And wow lots of people are signing it.

Do we really have to do this?

First rule of the Internet, don't like something you see? Don't comment. The vast majority of the public have some form of bodily modification, whether it be a piercing, or a few words, right through to being physically covered. Just because someone has tattoo's doesn't affect their ability to perform well in a job, I can understand from a point of view that you wouldn't want customers dealing with someone who has thug tattooed across their forehead, but there are limitating factors in our society that need ironing out. It might be someone's choice, therefore "it's their own fault" but it's still a form of discrimination, hence why comments like that really fucking wind me up. Heck I'm covered in spiders webs, does that automatically make me a thug? No.

The way I see it. Its a well known fact people discriminate against tattoos in employment, probably always will even with the slim chance a law comes along.The point is it doesn't look good to an employer that a person has complete disregard for expectations (no matter how discriminative they are).

Over here a few years back a fella with tatts took a club to court for discrimination. He was refused entry because he had visible tatts and was told that was the reason. He won the case as you can't discriminate someone because of the way they look :)

Over here a few years back a fella with tatts took a club to court for discrimination. He was refused entry because he had visible tatts and was told that was the reason. He won the case as you can't discriminate someone because of the way they look :)

What if he was wearing trainers? He would defo not be allowed in the club.

I'm covered in tattoos myself wouldn't be stupid enough to get them anywhere they couldn't be covered if needs be for job interviews etc yes it may be discrimination but that's the world we live in and a stupid petition isn't going to change that

Yeah get a fukin spiders web on you face and your eyes blacked out too! 100% more employable, honest. And wow lots of people are signing it.

so what ??? not your face not your problem stop being ass fucked dude as i said before your life u do what you want where not here to live under government mind control they own your passport but not your selve !!!

i think the grey area is that you can be discriminated against legally for how you naturally look in certain circumstances. (Modelling /PR etc)

And now you have people complaining that they are discriminated against because they have changed how they look?

They obviously make the changes to be different / make a statement which is perfectly fine if they accepted the stigmatism that goes with it..... But often times the people who desire to be different or stand out etc are also the sort who subconsciously wish they fitted in better.

Tough stuff definitely for someone who maybe lacked identity growing up and then had themselves tattooed (somewhere obvious) to be part of something and now finds themselves wishing that they fitted better with the general pop.

But the boys and girls with the tats from the holidays and what not... pure artistic visual pieces id say yes in certain circumstances/roles they could be asked to cover up but so long as they are compliant they should have the same treatment as anyone else.

So definitely sign the petition, I dont think that people should be immediately discriminated against for every role just based on tatoos. So many jobs it makes no difference.

A slant on that though is I've no problem with someone judging the person based on their visible tatoos (surely that's what they are there for?) but allowing your judgement to become all you think of when looking at a potential employee is shear stupidity

Phil

petes stiring for some banter with the looks of it

tattos are someones personal preference, i wouldnt have something drastic but thats my choice i wouldnt think any less of a person that does ,

all nicks asking is if you agree then sign it ...... simple

Thanks bro x